81-90

Chapter 81

The next day, Shunzi went to He Songbai's pig farm. In the past, only a few older people on the pig farm stayed and continued to work because most of them had made enough money and didn't want to live their days of worrying every day. Such days were laborious, not to mention the risk. Shunzi stayed because he was attracted by the "high salary" offered by the owner of the pig farm.

He can earn more money to enjoy his old age. 

Shunzi is a thin and weak man. His face was pale, and he was panting like a bellows. Others say that he had a weak body since he was in the womb. He had to eat some nutrients from time to time. Of course, it was good to have a high-paying and not tiring job.

He Songbai asked Shunzi to take Liang Tiezhu how to guard and how to watch the post.

Liang Tiezhu was initially reluctant to do the risky work of selling pork again, but He Songbai persuaded him, and he followed Shunzi to learn to be a guard. Selling pork was a very profitable business. He Songbai was willing to take him, so Liang Tiezhu did not bother him. He also had to make money for the wife he had found after so many years.

On the other hand, Tiezhu still took care of both. He was earning extra money from Zhao Lanxiang, and also took the midnight shift. When Shunzi came to work, he went away to sell cakes to Zhao Lanxiang. He didn't go to the black market anymore, but he would still collect some food for the pigs.

...

He Songye still followed Zhao Lanxiang to learn how to make clothes. The weather in winter was freezing.

He Songye originally had no new clothes for winter, but she helped Zhao Lanxiang to work for a few days. Seeing that the corners of the cloth would be discarded with small leftovers every day, she felt that it was pitiful and stared at it a few times. Later, Zhao Lanxiang gave these little cloths to her happily.

He Songye was very grateful.

She used these "scraps" of different widths to sew up a coat for herself.

When Zhao Lanxiang saw this gray, blue, and white "contrasting color" coat, he was awed by the eldest sister.

She thought that the "worn-out" coat she made for He Songbai was worn and old enough. She didn't expect the older sister to be even more powerful. She sewed out a coat entirely from scrap materials. She put it together with plain rags. It is simple and full of lines. She can hide the stitches well, and the ones that cannot be hidden were exposed generously with some decorations.

However, Zhao Lanxiang later took out a few larger pieces of cloth to "fill the facade" for He Songye. This contrasting color stitching jacket was more like a design.

Although it looks terribly shabby in the current era, its colors blend well.

It's not too obtrusive. It fits the clothes worn by the poor and doesn't even need to be worn down. Zhao Lanxiang couldn't help but give a thumbs up.

"These rags were kept for stitching and patching. But older sister's ingenuity has shown its greater value."

He Songye touched her new coat, her face was slightly embarrassed, and she lowered his head.

Why is she ashamed to be praised by educated youth Zhao!

"It's the sewing machine. It is really a good thing. No wonder everyone loves it."

He Songye's thumb touched the black and shiny body of the sewing machine lovingly. The city girl bought this expensive item, but now it is with her every day.

Although the days of rushing to make clothes were boring, but her heart was incomparably full and vivid.

Even the rhythmic jumping of the silk thread wrapped around the needle was so interesting!