seventeen

Lataysha Renee Stone | Laylay

" Yes, it's really me. " I replied trying not to cry. It had been like 2 1/2 years since I faked my death. I changed my name and moved across the country.

I felt bad knowing I had a 2-year-old and family members I left behind.

K'Khaun and Essence just stared at me like they'd seen a ghost. They did technically. When K'Shaun snapped back to reality he pulled me into a hug. " I missed you so much baby sis. " He said in between cries.

" I missed you too " I said pulling away from him. " I'm here for my son. " I said smiling at Essence. She shot me a " bitch what " look.

" Your son? " She questioned me. " Your son?! " She said getting louder. " Yes, my son. I gave birth to him " I said with an attitude. I came here trying to be nice to her and she was giving me a hard time. Tuh can't believe this.

" Last time I check YOU or RAHSAAD wasn't at any doctor appointments or birthdays, ain't been up all day and night making sure HE was okay when he was sick. I've been here since the day he was brought home. Do you know what I've gone through. How broke I've been making sure MY kids were, okay? you don't get to show up 2 1/2 years later and just walk away with Royal. " She said yelling and pointing.

" Yes I can actually. " I said showing her documents. She snatched them out my hands and ripped them up. " What documents bitch, get off my porch " she replied throwing the shreds of paper at me.

Shaun grabbed her arm " chill out on my sister Ess, if she want my nephew then she can get him " she pushed his hands off her. " NO, GET OUT MY HOUSE BOTH OF YOU " she said with tears falling.

The neighbor door opened and he looked at Essence. " You good E? " she shook her head and he stepped out and hugged her. She always got somebody at her finger, she not even that cute.

" We grown, no point in yelling. " The dude said holding essence. " Now, what's the matter? " He said looking at me and Shaun.

" I want my son back, I would show you the documents but this bitch ripped my shit up. " I said pointing at her. " Watch that bitch word. " He said narrowing his eyes toward me. " FUCK Y- " I didn't get a chance to finish before I was met with a blow to the face.

" I fucking hate you and Rb, how dare you take him from me and try to take my child you dumb ass bitch " she said in between punches. She had me for a while until i flipped us over and started workin' her ass.

I was punching her back to back until she finally gotta rhythm and started working me while I was on top. Before I could start working her back Shaun an ole dude broke us up.

" Let me go! " was all I could scream trying to shake out Shaun grasps, she had my nose and lip bleeding. This bitch is clearly insane. " I'm taking yo ass to court since you wanna play " I yelled as Eli dragged me away

" Syiaer let me go, this bitch been testing me for years. " she yelled trying to breaking out his grasp. She almost got loose but he ended up dragging her in the house.

Eli dragged me back to my car. " Chill yo little ass out Lataysha. " he said pinning me down. " SHE WON'T GIVE ME MY SON! I BIRTHED HIM, I WENT THROUGH LABOR WITH HIM, NOT HER! " I yelled through my tears. I didn't expect this to go like this.

" You gone get my nephew back, just chillat. " I wiped my eyes and sat up in the car. " He doesn't even know you exist, all he know is Essence. " He said wiping my face.

I stared at him, he was right. I faked my death because I knew I couldn't have Rahsaad. " How long it's gone take? I want to surprise Rahsaad with royal by my side " I said smiling.

He had an ' oh shit ' expression on his face. " What? " I said laughing. " He- um, I-, I killed him " he said rubbing the back of his neck. My face slowly fell, it felt like my heart dropped out my whole body. " You? Killed him? " I said turning to him.

" Yea, he killed Eli and tried to kidnap Essence.. so i shot him " he said looking at his feet. I started beating on him, he just allowed me too. He knew he hurt me. " HOW COULD YOU ! " I cried out.

I beat him until I couldn't beat him no more. When i finally stopped I sat on the curb crying my eyes out. He sat next to me and hugged me. " I'm sorry baby sis ".

Jah'mene Hermani Fenner | Mini

" Thank you again, Meijai " I said helping him bring the last package in the house. I had ordered new stuff for Journei room. Everything was already set up besides' her bed and Dollhouse.

" This ain't nothing I owe you for scared you at the club the other night. " He said chuckling a bit. an awkward silence fell between us, it wasn't too awkward we just didn't know what to say. " Okay, so ima head out... unless you need me to do something? " He questioned staring down at my lips.

" Um, no I think I'm fine, I don't need help with anything right at this moment. " He kept staring at me, which caused me to laugh. " Damn boy, is there something on my face? " I questioned him in a playful tone. He rolled his eyes at me and shoved my shoulder " Girl shut yo ass up, I'm finna bounce see you. " he said running out the room and going downstairs to the door.

I followed him to make sure my door was lock, after I made sure that it was locked, I went to grab my phone and call Essence. It rang 4 times before she picked up, she was breathing heavy and had blood on her face. " Damn girl what happened to you? " I asked looking at the phone. She placed me on her bathroom counter as she cleaned herself up. " I just had to whoop Lataysha ass right quick. " she said not looking away from the mirror.

" Lataysha? Have you lost yo mind girl? " I asked her looking at the phone. " No, that bitch faked her death and gone show up on the doorstep asking for my son, fuck is to this bitch? " she said finishing up. I just stared at her in shock because.. wow. " Well..? What you finna do? Do you have to give him back? " I asked wanting to know more.

" No, I'm not. Royal is my son. I've been caring for him for 2 years. " she said picking up her phone starting to walk to the couch. I just stared at my phone .. what a phone call. " Okay.. um girl ima call you later Journei waking up " I said hanging up.

Might now look at my phone for the rest of the day.