18 - Coming Home (Soulparent! AU)

A/N:

MmmMMmMm- Soulmate AU's. Let's go. They're so fun to play around with.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this Oneshot, and if you do feel free to leave a like and/or comment to let me know! :)

.

A quick intro for the DFO Soulparent! AU: 

It's basically a relationship in which both the parent and child, who are bound to each other, have to see each other regularly otherwise their mental health will take a dive and their emotions will dull or get unstable.

Soulparents are rare in this AU. About 42% of the population have a romantic soulmate, 35% a platonic one, about 20% a "sibling" soulmate, and 10% a rival soulmate while only 3% can be a soul parent/child. The bond between the child and parent is treasured and it is extremely frowned upon to separate them, as the negative aspects of separation can lead to either suicide or an intense period of depression.

The marks of the different soulmate relationships vary from person to person, though most romantic relationships usually have a heart symbol or a red thread somewhere, while both platonic, rival, and sibling soulmates can have all kinds of different patterns or pictures representing their other half. Meanwhile, the mark of a soul parent and child is visualized either through some type of animal or flower complimented by a small bow.

.

Update: Just keep in mind that I was half-delirious while writing this chapter so if anything seems off... Blame the pain meds and sleeping pills. 

-------------------

-o-O-o-

A Soulparent and their Soulchild are never to be separated for too long, otherwise, it will have dire negative consequences.

Izuku has been suffering with them for a while now, ever since his father left to go work abroad.

How much longer can he endure the crushing feeling threatening to break his heart in two?

.

.

.

(Here's a ref picture for the soulmarks I made up! The flowers kinda got a bit big but eh)

-o-O-o-

Izuku had been struggling to pay attention during class for a while now. It's not that the lesson wasn't interesting- Not at all! He loved being able to learn as a part of U.A., a student of the hero course, nonetheless! And all of his teachers were amazing, experts at both their job of teaching them and protecting civilians as pro-heroes.