17.2 - A father's choice (Wings! AU)

A/N:

The people have spoken, so here we are.  :D

This will be the last part of the Wings! AU so I hope you enjoy it! If you do then feel free to leave a like and/or comment to let me know. 

Also, I am not sorry for the cliffhanger in 17.1. :)

.

Onto the continuation...

---------------------------------------------

"I know you're awake, my precious Nestling".

.

.

.

-o-O-o-

Izuku choked, his blood running cold and his lungs aching for him to take another breath. The footsteps picked back up again, getting closer and closer to the nest the curly-haired student was coiled up in. The man stopped directly at his side, Izuku facing him with his back. A soft sigh was heard, then the nest dipped under the villains' weight.

The silence that followed seemed to stretch on forever, making the pit in the teen's stomach only expand. His father hummed silently, a familiar melody he hadn't heard since he was little. It only made his heart hurt more. Izuku felt his muscles relax against his will, his wings slowly sinking back onto the nest's surface from their protective position.

"You know why I'm doing this, my emerald. Both I and your mother want nothing more than for you to be safe". Hisashi spoke in a mellow tone, placing his right hand on top of Izuku's messy curls. The teen flinched back but didn't make any move to get away. He knew better than that. The ever-so-slight rattling of the chains was a painful reminder.

Continuing his humming, the supervillain began mindlessly carding through the green locks, making sure not to accidentally tug on any knots. "Did... Did mom know..?" Izuku frowned at how broken his voice sounded, recoiling slightly as his father leaned forwards. "I assume that she had a hunch, but never brought it up". He mused thoughtfully, before turning to softly coo at the confused look his son shot at him.

The teen stiffened at his father's faint grin, quickly directing his gaze back down to his cuffed hands. "Why... why now? If you didn't want me to become a hero in the first place, then why-?!" Izuku's voice raised, his wings fluttering up, only to be restricted by a smooth movement of the supervillain's hands. "Now now, little one. There's no need to get yourself so worked up. After all, we have all the time in the world".

Hisashi unfolded his own wings, spreading them out lazily, but the teen knew that the man was making sure to show that there was no way out for him. Showing himself completely open and relaxed to display his power and authority. Izuku gulped shallowly, eyeing his father's abnormally large wings with furrowed brows and picking nervously at his chains. The supervillain frowned at this, a hand encasing one of Izuku's shackled ones.

"I truthfully didn't want to result in such drastic measures but I know that if I hadn't put these on you...". He mindlessly tapped the metal of the cushioned cuffs with an unpleased click of his tongue. "You would've tried to leave your nest again and only injure yourself more. And we can't have that, my nestling". Hisashi murmured, gently grazing his thumb over the angry red indents on his son's skin.

Izuku just narrowed his green eyes at him, tempted to rip his hands out of the man's grip but he decided against it, knowing that it would only backfire and worsen his situation. "You... You didn't answer my question yet". He nervously piped up, staring at the scarred spot of skin where his father's eyes would've been. The villain halted his movement for a few seconds, seeming to contemplate something before resuming the soothing motion.