Seven

Percy decided it was best to not make Aurora mad.

His shoulder throbbed as they headed back into the warehouse, Annabeth holding Medusa's head as unshed tears shone in her eyes.

Percy found plastic bags behind the snack counter, Aurora looking for more food to stuff in her bag as he double wrapped Medusa's head.

"Can I- thanks." She passed Grover some things he could eat, the satyr tiredly munching as Aurora took a bite from her cold burger piece.

"At least she made good food." She mumbled, eating the fries. Percy and Annabeth sat on either side of her, the blonde laying her head on her shoulder while they stared at the bag.

"So, we have Athena to thank for this monster?"

"Your dad, actually." Annabeth irritatedly said, looking over at him. "Don't you remember? Medusa was Poseidon's girlfriend. They decided to meet in my mother's temple. That's why Athena turned her into a gorgon. Medusa and her two sisters that helped her get into the temple, they became the three gorgons. That's why Medusa wanted to slice me up, but she wanted to preserve you two as a nice statue. She's still sweet on your dad, you probably reminded her of him."

"There's many different versions of the story, and I doubt the gods would tell us which one is true." Aurora mumbled, being ignored.

"Oh, so now it's my fault we met Medusa?" Percy's face was burning in anger, Annabeth sitting up and turning to him.

"'It's just a photo, Annabeth. What's the harm?'" She poorly mocked him, Percy scoffing and rolling his eyes.

"Forget it."

"Yes! Forget it! Because both of you are at fault!" Aurora stood up and stepped back, hands shaking as they looked at her. "Gods, I wish I never left the camp. First, the bus. Which I can look over because I would've done the same thing. But waving off me and Grover as we tried warning you multiple times? Are you two seriously trying to put the blame on one another when it was you both?"

Grover quietly snacked on another wrapper, Percy and Annabeth adverting their eyes when Aurora glared at them.

"Take responsibility for your actions. I could've bought us some food- heck, I said that! I- this is no good. It already happened, there's no point." She sighed, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

"Uh, what are we going to do with the head?" Percy's jaw clenched, fists balling up before he stood up.

"I'll be back."

"Percy, what are you-" Annabeth tried calling him back, but he continued into a room. Aurora shrugged and went behind the snack counter, trying to find something to drink.

"'Coca-Cola?' Odd name." She popped up as Percy came back with a box and a slip.

To: The Gods, Mount Olympus 600th Floor, Empire State Building

New York, NY

With best wishes, PERCY JACKSON

"They're not gonna like that." Grover warned when he saw what he was doing. "They'll think you're impertinent."

Percy packaged the head up and slapped the label on it, pouring some drachmas he found in the office into the pouch. As soon as he closed it, a cash register sound echoed and the box floated off the table before disappearing with a pop.

"I am impertinent." He said, looking at Annabeth. They all jumped when Aurora shrieked and dropped something.

"No! Aurora, no!" Grover yelled when she went to set whatever it was on fire.