Ten

"Y'know, Phaestus quite literally caught
them in a golden net before, he invited all the gods to come and laugh at them." Aurora mumbled as they approached the ride. "It's why they meet in out of the way places like this."

There was an empty pool in front of them. A dozen bronze Cupid statues went around the rim, bows drawn and wings spread. On the opposite side, the tunnel opened up.

THRILL RIDE O'LOVE: THIS IS NOT YOUR PARENTS'S TUNNEL OF LOVE!

"Guys," Grover approached the edge, peering down at the pool, "look."

Stationed at the bottom of the pool was a pink and white two seater boat with a canopy over the top and hearts painted all over it. And in one of the seats, glinting in the evening light, was a polished circle of bronze.

Or, Ares's shield.

"This is too easy." Percy said, something not sitting right with him. "So we just walk down there and get it?"

"There's a Greek letter carved here..." Aurora was looking for a safe way down while Annabeth mumbled to herself.

"Grover, you smell any monsters?"

"Nothing." The satyr said after sniffing the wind, the raven haired boy blinking.

"Nothing. Like, in-the-Arch-and-you-didn't-smell-Echnida nothing, or really nothing?" Aurora smacked his arm, Percy hissing and looking at her.

"It's underground. Underground always smells like monsters to Satyrs." She defended, Grover nodding behind her.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Percy relented, opening his mouth to say something. Aurora tossed Annabeth her bag and jacket, grabbing the edge of the pool to lower herself down. "I- we're going down. I guess."

"I'll go with you." Grover unconvincingly said, Aurora pulling herself up a bit and shaking her head.

"No. I want you to stay up top with the flying shoes." Percy denied, still feeling bad for blaming his friend about the Arch situation. "You're the Red Baron, a flying ace. Remeber? I'll be counting on you for back up, in case something goes wrong. Annabeth, you too. Help him keep an eye out. Marcie's already going with me, we should be fine."

"Are you coming or what?" Aurora impatiently asked, Percy rolling his eyes.

"Sure, but what could go wrong?" Grover's chest puffed and Percy shrugged.

"I don't know, just a feeling."

"I'm gonna head o-"

"I'm comin!" Percy said, throwing his hands up and making his way to the pool. "You're so impatient."

"We have limited time." She shrugged as they walked up to the boat. The shield was placed in the seat, right next to a lady's scarf.

He tried to imagine Ares and Aphrodite here, looking up and noticing something they hadn't spotted before. Mirrors placed around the rim, pointing at where they were standing. They could see themselves no matter where they looked.

Percy shook it off, picking up the scarf. It shimmered pink, the perfume going straight to his nose. It smelt familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"No you don't." Aurora tsked when he went to rub his cheek against the scarf, plucking it from his hands and putting it into her pocket. "No love magic for you. You've been dazed enough."

"What?"

"See? Just grab the shield. Unless you want me to do it." She offered, Percy shaking his head-more to clear it-and reaching for it.