006

At night the school really came to life

At night the school really came to life. The whole town was practically out and the parking lot was covered head to toe in decorations.

Bonnie, Caroline, and Chloe were handing out candy to the kids. Chloe looked around, wondering if Elena was here yet and if she had any updates on what happened when she talked to Stefan.

Tyler walked over dressed as a Roman gladiator and held out two cups. "Cider for the ladies? It's a lockwood special" he smirked.

"Oh, no way. Last year, I was hung-over until Thanksgiving" Bonnie groaned. Caroline scoffed and took a drink.

"Lightweight. I am going to drink enough until someone is hot enough to make out with" she said.

Tyler looked at her and smiled. "Sounds like a plan."

Chloe couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Absolutely not," she said, pushing past Tyler.

Tyler sighed as he followed after her. "Chloe. Come on. You can't keep ignoring me" he said.

"Actually, yes I can. I'm starting to get pretty good at it" she said.

"I didn't invite her to the Founder's Party! She just showed up" Tyler said.

"I know. And I believe you" she said.

"So then why have you been ignoring me since the party?" he asked.

"Because she showed up for a reason! She flirts with you in front of your parents for a reason. Because you did something that made her think she had a chance. I don't know whether you slept with or just flirted with her or what but it's humilating. I can't keep dating the guy who let's every girl in town think he's single" she said.

"I don't...are you breaking up with me?" he asked.

"No. Yes. I..." Chloe let out a frustrated sigh, rolling her neck. "I don't know."

"Look, just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it" Tyler said.

"I want you to just want to be with me! And stop making me feel like the idiot girl who has to beg her boyfriend for attention because I don't like feeling like this!" she said.

"Trouble in paradise?"

Chloe sighed as she turned to see Damon walking toward them.

"Not now!" she snapped.

"Oh, relax. I'm just looking for Caroline" he said.

"Are you seriously asking me about her? After everything you did" Chloe asked.

"Would it help if I said I was sorry?" Damon asked.

"No. But it would help if you dropped dead" Chloe said, before turning back to Tyler.

"I'm gonna go. This party officially sucks" she said.

"Wait, are we not gonna finish talking?" Tyler asked.