024

Chloe was sitting at the grill, flipping through her history textbook when she felt a rush of air next to her and didn't even have to look up to see Damon sitting next to her

"What are you doing here?" she asked, as she continued taking notes.

"So this is where you spend your time when you're not hooking up with your exes?" he asked.

"I did not hook up with him, you psycho. And even if I did, it's none of your business" she said, packing up her things.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Away from you," she said.

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue" he said.

"There is no way you got invited to that," she said.

"I did. I mean it was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood. So, I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Rick to tell Jenna and-"

"And ideally for you, Elena will also be there," she said.

"You think I care that Elena's gonna be there?" he asked.

"Is that a trick question?" she asked.

"I'm only going so that I can put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he's a werewolf," he said. "See you at the barbecue."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chloe walked into the kitchen at Elena's house, overhearing the conversation between Damon and Mason.

"I've heard great things about you," Mason said.

"Really? That's weird. I'm a dick" Damon said.

"Well at least you're self aware," Chloe said as she walked in between them and poured herself a shot from the bottles that Jenna had out.

"Really?" Mason asked

"What? As if my friends boyfriend's brother and my ex's creepy surfer uncle are gonna snitch on me?" she asked, taking her shot. "Relax."

"Hey, food's ready!" Alaric said, poking his head into the kitchen.

"Great. I'm starving" she said, walking out to join them.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Deciding not to play charades with everyone else, Chloe helped Elena in the kitchen as she got dessert ready.

"Aunt Jenna's getting tipsy," Damon said, as he walked in.

"Will you stop plying her with alcohol?" Elena said.

"I want her to like me," Damon said.

"I don't know why she doesn't. You're so likeable" Chloe said, slapping his hand away as she tried to dip his finger into the peach cobbler.