017

Chloe had been handling her breakup with Tyler, pretty well

Chloe had been handling her breakup with Tyler, pretty well. At least, that's what everyone thought.

She couldn't bring herself to seem all mopey and sad at school since practically everyone knew what happened at the party.

But really she wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Not only did she lose her boyfriend, but in a lot of ways, her best friend.

It was hard, feeling so sad when she couldn't talk to the one person who she really wanted to because he was the one who hurt her.

Instead, she decided to fully involve herself in whatever vampire problems Elena had and whatever Caroline was dealing with. It was easier to focus on everyone else's life rather than her own.

Caroline and Chloe were walking to class when they saw Elena with Bonnie who was finally back after being with her family.

"Bonnie! Bonnie!" Caroline shouted as they walked over.

"Bonnie, thank God you're home," she said, pulling Bonnie into a hug. "I know we talked every day but I missed you."

"How are you doing?" Chloe asked.

"Better. It's better, you know. Glad to be back and, uh trying to keep myself...busy" Bonnie said.

"Well, I can help with that" Caroline smiled.

"Major wardrobe confab needed, ASAP. I need help picking the perfect dress for the Founder's Court."

"The Founder's Court?" Elena asked. "Did I miss something?"

"The Founder's Court. You know, Miss Mystic Falls. You're on it, remember" Chloe said. Caroline tried to get Chloe to do it too but pageantry wasn't her thing.

"Oh my god, we signed up for that so long ago. I completely forgot" Elena sighed.

"Oh, so are...are you dropping out then?" Caroline asked. Elena shook her head. "I can't" she mumbled.

"No?"

"Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter" Bonnie reminded her.

"Oh right. Well, I'm sure it'll be fun. I'll call you later" Caroline said before walking away. Bonnie didn't say another word before she left too.

"Bonnie hates me now," Elena said.

"She doesn't hate you. She just hates vampires...which you are heavily associated with" Chloe said.

"Right. So how are you? I mean with Ty-"

"Do not bring up the T word" Chloe sighed. "And I'm fine. I have deleted his number and am successfully ignoring him."

"Well that's good. You deserve better than that" Elena said.

Chloe nodded, still trying to remind herself that. "Yeah. Yeah, I do."