011

When Chloe got home, she was thankful that her mom wasn't there

When Chloe got home, she was thankful that her mom wasn't there. But when she raced upstairs to her room, Caroline was waiting for her.

"Why were you with Damon?" she asked.

"What?"

"You were with Damon. Tyler told me" Caroline said.

Chloe sighed, knowing exactly what Caroline was thinking. "It's not what you're thinking trust me," she said.

"So then what is it? Where were you?" Caroline asked.

"I was um...drinking, last night. Tyler and I got into a fight and I hit a...tree. Damon found me and helped me. I didn't want to come home because mom would've killed me. That's it. Trust me I would not voluntarily spend time with him" Chloe said.

"Well...are you okay? And where's your car?" Caroline asked.

"I'm fine. I just have a killer headache. But I'm pretty sure it's where I left it" Chloe said. "I have no idea what I'm gonna tell mom."

Hearing the doorbell ring, Caroline stood up.

"That's probably Tyler," she said.

"Why would Tyler be here?" Chloe asked.

"I told him I would text him when you got home. Sorry" Caroline said, a sheepish smile on her face.

"It's fine. I'd have to talk to him eventually" Chloe said, before walking downstairs.

When she pulled the door open, the first thing Tyler noticed was the dried blood on her forehead.

"Did Damon do this to you?!" he exclaimed.

"No. No one did this" she said, stepping outside and closing the door behind her. "It was accident."

"Chloe-"

"A car accident. My car flipped over last night and Damon happened to be driving by so he helped me out" she said, sitting on the steps in front of her house.

"What? Why didn't you call me?" he asked.

"Well how am I supposed to know which version of you I'm gonna get. It's either fun and loving Tyler or pissy, jackass Tyler" she said.

Tyler sighed as he sat next to her. "I'm sorry," he said.

"You already said that," she said.

"I know. I know I did but sometimes I feel like I don't know what's going on with me either. Like I just get so mad it's like I black out and I'm not the same person" he said.

"Why don't you ever tell me that?" she asked.

"I don't know. Scared, I guess" he said.

"Scared of what?" she asked.