3

-Iwagakure's Streets-

Kurotsuchi yawned as she made her way to the Tsuchikage's tower. She and her father had been summoned for a mission briefing at first hour in the morning and she was definitely feeling the lack of sleep. She would really like to know what could be so important that her grandfather needed them so early. They were two of his finest ninja, so she doubted it was for some trivial task, at least she hoped so. Having to get up at such an hour was bad enough, but having to endure walking with her Father so soon after their argument the day before was too damn awkward for her.

As they were arriving, she noted more Shinobi besides them entering the tower too. She wondered if they had been called for the same thing. Kurotsuchi and her father also entered and went up the stairs, and her suspicions were confirmed when she saw a considerable amount of ninjas gathering outside her grandpa's office. What really caught her attention was that most of them were Jounin. There were a few experienced Chunin and a bunch of Tokubetsu Jounin, but generally, all of them were highly competent Shinobi. ''What is going on here?'' thought the girl, puzzled.

While gazing through the large hall she caught sight of a familiar figure ''Akatsuchi? Hey Akatsuchi, over here!'' the tomboy called out to her chubby friend with enthusiasm. Said boy turned around and looked at her with surprise.

''Kurotsuchi, I didn't know you were here too'' Responded the young man with his ever-present cheerful face.

''I just got here'' said the girl with a small smile. ''And speaking about it, do you have any idea of what's this all about?''

Akatsuchi just shook his head while giving a shrug. ''No idea really. I got called here so early I didn't even have time to get breakfast''

The young prodigy gave a sigh and turned her head to look in contemplation at the rest of the ninja gathered. ''Same on my end. I wonder what's gotten into the old man, there are too many high ranked Shinobi in here''

Akatsuchi frowned in worry. ''I just hope nothing bad has happened''

Kurotsuchi could only agree with him.

After a considerable amount of ninja arrived, they were called into the room. When they entered they could barely fit into the Tsuchikage's office even though it was relatively big.

After Kurotsuchi managed to find a spot for herself between Akatsuchi and her Father, She saw her grandpa floating over his desk with his gravity Jutsu. He was wearing his brown Tsuchikage hat with the Kanji for 'Earth' and had a stern and serious face, which only reinforced her suspicion that whatever was happening was something big.

Ohnoki scanned the room, looking briefly at every one of the ninjas present. After confirming everyone's attendance he gave a curt nod to his secretary, who then proceeded to close the door behind her as she left. The small man cleared his throat and went straight to the point. ''I know you are wondering why I summoned you here. And that is because it has recently come to my attention that Jiraiya of the Sannin has been training the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki, and has currently entered the Land of Lightning for reasons still unknown''

Most of the Shinobi in the room had looks of confusion at the news, not understanding why that information was relevant. But Kitsuchi and a few of the more experienced Jounin started to catch up with their leader's intentions.

''Oh no dad, you wouldn't'' Thought Kitsuchi, fearing where this was going.

The Tsuchikage continued, not caring for their reaction. ''This leaves Konoha's Biju the most vulnerable it has ever been. Your mission is to track down Jiraiya and his apprentice and retrieve the Jinchuuriki. Do what you will with Jiraiya but the boy has to be brought back alive to extract the Kyuubi. Due to the delicate political nature of this mission, along with Jiraiya's strength and the threat of a Jinchuuriki, this mission is classed as S-rank''