8

-Land of Frost-

Naruto and Kurotsuchi were still trying to find their way out of the snowy nation, and currently, they were bracing themselves and shivering in the cold as a raging blizzard descended on them.

Kurotsuchi cursed their rotten luck. Of course, the exact thing that they didn't want to happen just had to happen. ''Oh d-d-don't w-worry, a-as l-long as a s-st-storm doesn't st-start you w-will be fi-fi-fine. F-f-fucking a-asshole.'' Complained the girl with chattering teeth as she repeated what Darui told them earlier.

Naruto turned his head slowly to the girl, shivering just as bad as she was. '' It's n-not l-like m-mi-mister Darui k-knew t-this w-was gonna h-ha-happen.'' Said the boy in an effort to calm the girl down.

The tomboy rolled her eyes uncaringly at the blond's comment. ''I-Instead of k-kissing y-your bo-boyfriend's a-ass, h-help me lo-look f-for sh-shelter.'' Responded the prodigy, squinting her eyes while glancing around to the distance in an effort to catch sight of anything that could be used to protect themselves from the blizzard.

Naruto did just that, even if he didn't appreciate to be insulted, the cold didn't leave any energy to be looking for a fight right now. After glancing around for a few minutes, he perked up when he finally saw something in the nearest mountain that could be of use. ''Look! There is a cave there!'' He shouted while pointing at said cave. His joy was such that he didn't even stutter from the cold.

The pink eyed girl looked to where the blond was pointing at, and she could, in fact, see a cave. ''W-well d-done, moron. It se-seems that e-even you h-have your u-uses.'' Said the girl with snide.

Naruto frowned at the girl's usual contemptuous attitude but refrained from commenting. He just wanted to get there as fast as he could and see if it was fit to stay there until the storm passed them by.

A few minutes later they arrived at the cave. And after checking that there were no bears or any other predator living there, they found comfortable spots in the walls opposite from one another and sat down to inspect their supplies. Luckily for them, there were plenty of twigs inside the cave, so they just needed to find a way to light them and make a bonfire.

''Tch, I can't find my tinderbox.'' complained the girl out loud. At least inside the cave the cold was a bit more bearable and her teeth weren't chattering anymore. ''Hey idiot, use a fire Jutsu or something, will ya? be useful for once.'' Said Kurotsuchi as she glanced to the blond, who was going through his supplies too.

''Uhh, I kinda don't know any.'' replied the Jinchuuriki with a hand behind his head, a bit ashamed to admit that he didn't know a fire Jutsu.

Kurotsuchi looked dumbfounded at that. ''What do you mean you don't know a fire Jutsu? You are from Konoha aren't you? you know, The Land of fucking Fire? What kind of Konoha Shinobi doesn't know a fire Jutsu!?''

''S-shut up!'' Shouted a flustered Naruto. ''I have never needed it! I'm awesome enough already as I am. And why do I have to do it? If you are such a great Kunoichi then why don't you do it?'' Pointed out the blond.

She frowned at the boy's accusations, she wasn't about to tolerate the idiot judging her skills.''I know plenty of Jutsu, unlike you. But mostly just my earth based Jutsu and the ones from my Kekkei Genkai. I just don't know a fire based one yet, but at least I haven't been sitting on my butt relying only on a clone technique and a demon's Chakra.'' She didn't mention that her Kekkei Genkai, the Yoton(Lava Release), was a combination of Fire and Earth affinities, so she did, in fact, have a fire affinity, but she wasn't going to admit out loud that she didn't know a fire Jutsu even despite the fact that she did have an affinity for it.

''I know other techniques too! I can use Rasengan and summon toads. I doubt you have anything as cool as that.'' Claimed Naruto competitively.

She shrugged uncaringly, not impressed. ''Whatever you say. Like that will help us right now, we still have to find a way to start a fire.'' Said the prodigy as she continued to look inside her pouch.