Chapter 2

Shirou found himself breathing with relief now that the battle is over. Despite the injury, he slowly picked himself up from the ground. He frowned with pain as he found himself faltering just from standing.

I've sustained more damage than I thought. He thought as the pain from his injured leg coursed through him.

"Thank you for the help... I'm sorry."

"'Sorry?'" A2 quotes with confusion as she blinked. "I save your life and you're apologizing?"

"It was my incompetence that lead me to nearly lose my life. If it weren't for you I would have been more injured." His carelessness always did get the worst of him. No matter how small or big an enemy is, one should never be careless about their surroundings.

"I've never seen a model like yours before. Are you from YoRHa?" Given she's here right now, she might as well ask some questions so she knows whether to dispose of the android in front of her or not.

"YoRHa?..." Shirou muttered slowly as confusion spewed across his face. Maybe it's an organization? Just from the speculation of the name... He thought deeply as this is the first time he's heard of YoRHa.

"I take it you haven't?" Baffling A2 thought as she stared at the enigma in front of her who stared at her.

"Sorry, this is my first time hearing about them." Shirou smiled lightly while staring at his savior. "Are you part of YoRHa?" He asked.

"Hmph, don't associate me with them. I would rather die than be part of them!" A2 snarled at the thought of being part of YoRHa, causing her to nearly forget that there was another person around.

Shirou frowned at the reaction for a moment as he then began to look at his shoulder and leg. Machines are tough, that he learned. "Well, I appreciate the help that's for sure. Regardless of who you associate with." He smiled at A2 who simply stared at him, causing him to feel nervous. "It's a relief you know?" He let out a small sigh as a weight was pulled off his shoulder.

"What is?"

"You're the first person I've seen so far. I thought I was the only human for a second. Funny right? From the looks of it, everything has gone to ruin...leading me to believe I'm the only human left."

"... What?"

"What? Is it something I said?"

"You said human." Her gaze on him felt as if she was staring into his soul. "Quick joking around."

"Joking?" Shirou asked. "Are you not...human?" He blinked.

"Of course not, I'm an Android just like you!"

"I'm not an Android...why do you insist that I am?"

"Because all the humans are on the moon. Why would you be here on the surface?"

"The...moon?" His poker face shattered and shock appeared in the progress. "What are they doing on the moon?"

"You...genuinely don't know anything do you?" A2 expressed her own bafflement at the strange Android claiming to be human in front of her. "How have you survived all this time without knowing anything?" Another strange part is his survivability, if his claims of being human are correct, then how he survived all the time is an enigma... On the other hand, from her observation, she sees that he is capable of fending off for himself. Regardless, his abilities are abnormal...

"That I can't exactly explain..." Shirou tried to think of an excuse. "I've just woken up recently. The first thing I thought about is how much time has passed since I noticed everywhere around me was in ruins. The city was deserted causing me to wonder where everyone is."