Chapter 5

The ideals that he clung to for the longest time are something that he'd never quit pursuing. He remembers the distant sceneries that he has seen throughout his lifetime. The memories of the people he's saved are hazy.

How many has he saved? How many times has he strained himself to save those that needed help? If someone were to ask him how many more times will he burden himself just to save people, he will answer with the same answer he's always had.

"As many times needed so long as they're safe and happy."

He recalls the faces of those he's saved in his travels. Those faces were the smiles of those he's helped. Children and adults he had fed, people who suffered from the acts of war. He was always doing his best to help those in need. As long as they're able to smile, then that's all that matters.

He looked throughout the Resistance Camp as he sees all types of Androids around. Resistance Androids aren't like YoRHa Androids. Compared to YoRHa, Resistance Androids cannot come back after death like those of YoRHa, they're also not as effective combat-wise.

He remained inside the house that he stayed in until he recovered which was quite quickly to the shock of Anemone and A2 once they saw his injuries were gone. He explained that he's always been a fast healer which is true for the most part. A2 seemed to blink as she recalled him saying something similar to her when they met and was surprised that it was true.

He would then speak with them about how he'd explore around the Camp and help out. The two Androids already know about the fact that he helps others for the sake of helping. A2 and Anemone warned him that if he wished to walk around freely, he has to make sure to hide the fact that he is human. He thanks Anemone for all her help and for keeping him a secret which caused the Android to flush and act modestly saying that it's her duty to make sure their creators are fine and follow whatever orders their creators wish.

He frowned at her and said that the two of them were equal in his eyes, stating that he isn't one for favoritism and shouldn't be given special treatment just because he was a human. However, she disregarded his logic and said that no matter what, a god is a god and that he shouldn't stoop low and compare herself to him as an equal, something that she didn't find fitting and refused given that's disrespectful.

Anemone asked him if he would ever reveal himself and he answered her by saying when the moment is right. Eventually, he would be found out and said that he needs time given he doesn't wish to be overwhelmed and needs to prepare himself.

He has to be wary of any YoRHa Androids that might enter the Resistance Camp for missions and other important things given that they're equipped with Pods which are assistant robots that are combat weapons alongside able to scan objects, living beings, machines, and so forth.

The more he hears about YoRHa, the more he worries about their encounter in the future. He can only hide for so long. The way his luck is, he's afraid that he's gonna get screwed over because of it.

Anemone asked him if he had any plans once he did recover.

He looks at the Camp area as he saw a few Androids carrying boxes while others lay on the floor. All of them doing their own thing. There are other Androids out there that might be struggling is what he thought. But for now, this place needs help as well.

He stared with a blank look as he told Anemone that he'd do the same thing he's always done.

Help others.

Because he has to.

-~-

*Swoosh*

He released an arrow and he saw it soar through the air and reach its target in an instant. The small stubby fell back as the arrow pierced through the head. Another arrow appeared in between his middle and index finger with the bow string nocked back.