1; Cypher.

EID MUBARAK! TA QABALLALAHU MINNA WA MINKUM.

Bashir Kari Residence, Abuja.

The tension was so thick in the air; it could be cut through with a knife. Silence so eerie, the sound of a pin drop could be heard; and emotions almost impossible to miss swarmed the room.

Looks were exchanged, shoulders were tense, and postures were stiff. It was almost as if they were all scared to breathe in the wrong way. It was clear someone's mood was off, and if they dare to assume, he was close to losing his calm.

Having shared a few glances between themselves, they nervously shifted their gaze to the man at the helm whose posture screamed strictness. His eyes were narrowed at no one in particular, his expression steel.

His lack of emotion was the sole reason everyone was on edge. No one could even spare a glance at the food placed in front of them all, not caring that it was becoming colder by the second. They had more things to worry about, like the man who's a ticking bomb only waiting for the right thing, or person to set him off.

The person came in the form of the man seated to his right, immune to the tension threatening to suffocate them all. Unlike the others, he was calmly focused on the food in front of him, eating away like he has no care in the world. It was like he had tuned them all out ranging from the furious older man beside him, to the others seated along with them on the dining.

The sound of his cutleries hitting the porcelain plates was the only sound that filled the otherwise quiet dining room. His gaze was fixed on the food in sight, never once flicking to spare anyone else a glance even despite feeling the older man's glare fixed on him occasionally.

It continued that way for a few more seconds, until the sound of the door being pushed open cracked the silence. Another man, dressed in a suit fit for security guards, or more like a secretary made an appearance then-his expression not giving anything away.

He could feel the tension in the room the minute he stepped foot in it as well. He didn't dwell on it though. Instead, he closed the door softly behind him and in calculated steps, made his way towards the older man at the helm.

"General Kari." He greeted, his tone gruff to match his look. His words had everyone else fixing their gaze on him, except the two men seated along with them. He then went on to add. "I have the agency report."

With only a blink, the folder in the equation was placed beside the older man's empty plate by the guard. He didn't spare it a glance as well; he didn't need to. The guard was quick to explain the situation to him without even voicing out the need to.

"There was yet another attempt to hack into the Farm, and like the other time, the person succeeded." Declared the guard, standing beside General Kari stiffly. His gaze was fixed on the folder he had placed beside the older when he went on to add. "Just like the other time, nothing seemed to have been taken. But, the duration was longer than the last time. It seems the hacker is becoming more confident."