7; Little Miss Chaebol.

Horizon General Hospital, Abuja.

Blowing out a small breath, Inaya's shoulders slumped slightly as the elevator she's in dinged—signifying its arrival at the designated floor. Her hands were still tucked in the pockets of the varsity jacket she got from the orphanage earlier.

She tried to return it back when they brought back her outfit, washed and ironed but they refused to take the one given to her back. So, she was left alone with a new outfit.

If it was someone else in her shoes, they would've felt embarrassed or something to be walking around in volunteer outfit but not her. The jacket covered the top, so one couldn't exactly tell. And even if it does, she still doesn't care.

Heck, even if it was written on her face, she would still walk around with her head held high—that's her level of confidence.

Letting out a small sigh, she pushed herself from the wall and uncrossed her legs, unfolding herself to her full height before stepping out. In the hallways, she could smell disinfectants and that particular scent that a hospital has.

Admittedly, she's always hated it but she tries to tuck that fact away.

Her feet maneuvered down the hallways, subconsciously already aware of her destination and knowing her way around it like the back of her hand. On reaching her destination, she was slightly taken aback to see the door open.

Nonetheless, she made her way towards it and peaked in—her gaze falling on a familiar figure and someone seated across her. Bringing her hand out, she checked the time to make sure she wasn't too early, or late even.

4:45pm. The time read.

She was just in time. It was the exact one she has an appointment so the fault wasn't from her.

Leaning on the slightly ajar door, although not placing her full weight on it, she reached out her hand and knocked on it lightly—instantly gaining attention of the three people in the office. The patient, and probably relative looked up first, followed by the doctor whose face instantly flashed with recognition.

Inaya offered her a plastered, fake but wide smile. Her hand now raised to flash her a small wave that included a wiggle of her fingers, like she did to Aadil earlier to accompany the fake smile. She didn't mean it with malice, she just needed the woman to know she wasn't exactly over the moon being there. She would've waited for them to finish as well, but the last thing she needed was an earful about being late.

She doesn't want to take chances so it's better to be careful.

The doctor, not fazed in the slightest by the woman's reaction rose her hand slightly—a gesture for her to wait and that she will soon give her room to come in. Inaya took that as her cue to gently close the door behind her.

Shifting away from obstructing the door, she leaned on the nearest wall—her legs stretched out in front of her and crossed. There was a waiting chair she could sit on, but she doesn't feel like it so she chooses to stick to standing.

Only about two minute or so, the patient inside came out along with his guardian it seems. The two made their way out, and while Inaya had her gaze accompanying them to the elevator, she didn't see the doctor popping up.

Well, at least until she became visible from her side eye. Blinking, she turned her head in the doctor's direction. "Anyeong." She greeted, her tone dull to match her mood.

Unfortunately for her, her downturned mood didn't affect the doctor. If anything the woman was used to it by now. "Come on in." She gestured with her head for Inaya to follow her, and so she did.