10; It's a siblings thing.

Deluxe Apartment Penthouse, Abuja.

A ding sound came, signifying someone being at the doorbell. Aadil who held a towel to his wet hair, courtesy of the shower he just took halted his steps right after stepping out of the bedroom. He swiveled hi head to the side, in the direction of the door with brows drawn in.

Swiftly, he tried to racked his brain to see if he could remember making plans with anyone, but he didn't need to think hard. No. That's the answer. He never invites anyone to his place, at least never one to reach his door steps.

The only ones invited are his team mates, and even then, they never come up. They simply call him when they arrived, and he would go down to retrieve whatever information from work was sent to him. That's all. They were invited for work, nothing more and nothing less.

That day though, he couldn't remember making plans with anyone or expecting to receive anyone. It was Sunday, making it the one day in the week where he can take the day off-even then, it's because they are yet to start a new case. The minute the next day comes, it will be another string of long endless work days with little break.

He would be lying if he said he's exactly looking forward to it, for obvious reasons.

The sound of the doorbell came yet again, putting an instant halt to Aadil's train of thoughts. Sighing, he dropped his hands by his side and then made his way over to the front door-his frown never ceasing to exist.

On reaching the door, he pulled it open without a second thought. The minute his gaze landed on the person on the other end, his frown deepened-his eyes narrowed in a glare almost everyone around him is familiarized with at that point.

"Go back to where you came from." He attempted to close the door, but the addressed person struck a hand out, making the door stop before it's closed right at his face.

Aadil knew it would be pointless to try to close it again-it would make them look ridiculously funny going back and forth over the same thing; and he wasn't exactly on board with looking like a fool because of this clown.

So, he simply sighed and opted to simply head back in and allow the person in. He wouldn't go back no matter what he'll say so why stress himself?

"Nice to see you too, grumpy." Came the voice of the person he would rather have as far away from his home as possible.

But even he knew that would be too much to ask, because the clown doesn't understand a simple hint. It's always been like that.

Trudging back to where he dropped the towel from earlier, he picked it up and resumed his action of trying to dry his hair as he settled on the first sofa in sight. He leaned his back against it, one of his knees folded while the other leg stretched out.

Despite having taken a shower, he had already worn a white top and some random grey joggers his gaze fell on. His hair though was still wet, and as such, was stuck with using the grey towel to dry it. He made a mental note to get it trimmed soon. It hadn't exactly grown out of proportion-but he still wasn't a fan of having it grow without reducing it.

"What are you doing here?" He grumbled under his breath as he watched the man he'd rather consider a clown make his way into his living room, and then settled on the sofa opposite his.

"Why else do you think I came straight here from the airport other than because of the love I have for you?"

Aadil's face scrunched up almost immediately, eyes narrowed. Without so much as a second thought, he threw the towel at the man-making it hit him right in the face. An ouch came from the one on the receiving end, before he threw it as far away from him as possible-as if disgusted by it.