Chapter Sixteen

Takara felt like an idiot. She was an idiot. She wished her bedroom floor would open up and swallow her whole. She wanted to know what was going through her head when she kissed one of the most unpredictable guys that resided at the beach.

Her head was spinning, and it wasn't just her hangover. She couldn't believe she would do something so stupid.

She had been so lonely during her time in the borderlands, even in the old world she had never been very lucky in love. So when she had someone as attractive as Niragi giving her some attention, she found it hard to stay away. It was a mistake, but she couldn't blame herself for acting the way she did.

Takara did find him hot, she couldn't deny it. From her short conversation with him, she admired how quickly he had moved up the ranks at the beach. She found his joy out of making people fear him a bit off putting but who knows, maybe she could change him, make him a better person.

Quickly she snapped herself out of those thoughts. There was no way she was about to make some reason for her to try and fix some guy she barely knew. No way.

A knock at her door interrupted her from her thoughts. She remembered her last conversation she had with Daichi and that he told her he would be round in the morning to check on her.

Slowly making her way to her door, her head still pounding, she opened it to see none other than Daichi who looked equally as tired as her.

"Just checking Niragi didn't murder you last night" Daichi said with a slight chuckle.

Takara smiled back nervously, knowing that what happened was a lot more awkward to explain. She decided not to tell him for now, she wasn't in the mood to be lectured on how bad of an idea it had been for her to kiss him.

"Nope, I survived the night surprisingly"

"Are you going to join us for breakfast?" Daichi asked.

"I'm gonna give it a miss, I'll be there for lunch later though, make sure you save me a spot" Takara said with a sleepy smile, she was planning on going back to sleep until her hangover had subsided.

"See you then Takara!" Daichi gave her a small salute as he walked off down the corridor.

With a heavy sigh, Takara closed her bedroom door again. She went to go get herself another drink from the bathroom tap and climbed back into bed for a quick nap.

When Takara awoke again, her room was completely dark. She quickly realised that she had slept in a lot longer than she anticipated seeing as it was now well into the evening.

Pulling herself out of bed, she threw on some clean clothes and made her way to the dining hall. She tried to be a bit quicker while walking around without someone with her, knowing that she wasn't quite ready to deal with her Niragi problem just yet.

She made it into the dining hall and started to queue up for some food. While she stood in the queue, she scanned the full tables to spot her friends. Kaito waved at her from where they had sat the other day, Takara kindly returned the wave back before the queue started moving.

Once her tray had been filled with food, she made her way over to the table Kaito had waved from. Before Takara had even sat down, she heard Daichi call over to her.

"And what time do you call this? I'd say it's a bit late for lunch" Daichi mocked her while crossing his arms dramatically which Takara laughed at.

"I know I'm sorry, but my nap was way more important than lunch" She said before putting a forkful of food in her mouth.

"Where are Homura and Miku?" Takara asked between bites.

"They're preparing for their games tonight, they take them very seriously" Kaito chimed in, his plate almost empty from how much he'd eaten.