Chapter 12: "help me"

•Luella's Point Of View•

"Kissing in the girl's bathroom? Seriously Taylor?"

"And what are you gonna do? Suspend us?" "You have no proof"

"I saw you coming out that bathroom!"

"How do you know she wasn't crying?" "I needed to be with her" Lewis lies folding his arms.

"If I see more troubles from you, you're going to be off the team Taylor" Mr woods threatens through his gritted teeth.

"And you Miss Adams, you should be ashamed, your father will not be happy hearing about this"

Great, dad is taking me and Nelly out today

————

"I have practice, text me?" Lewis asks me after finishing the last period.

"Yes of course" I smile before getting pulled in a hug.

"Thank you for listening to me" he whispers and I nod "anytime"

"ship!" Hazel squeals, Keith's arm wrapped around her shoulder, I hide my red face and quickly make my way out to the parking lot.

———

"I got a call from your principal today" my dad frowns deeply as we sit in a restaurant with Nelly playing outside with some kids.

"Since when do you do these stuff Lu?" He sighs and I gulp.

"I'm sorry"

"No don't be, it's just I want you safe, and I want that boy to be good to you, okay?"

"If you ever don't feel safe, with anyone, call me, please do Lu"

I nod and he grabs my hand kissing the top of it, "I love you, and you can talk to me about anything"

"I love you too, dad"

———-

"Do you want to get in the water?" Dad takes his shirt off at the beach and picks up Nelly.

The bruises

"No it's okay, I'll hang out here"

"What? You never say no to swimming"

It's true

"I just don't feel like it right now" I give him a smile and he nods walking to the water with Nelly.

I was about to take a picture of the two of them when I notice a bunch of notifications on my screen.

Lewis

I quickly press on his name and wait for him to pick up his phone.

"Ella" His deep voice whispers through the line, "Lewis? Are you okay?"

"I'm so fucking sick, I need you"

That itself made butterflies fill up my stomach, he needs me

"Okay wait for a little bit, I'm with dad for today"

"Okay, I'll wait"

———

I giggle as I watch dad tickle the life out of Nelly.

"That's what Jason does!" She giggles loudly making my dad stop.

"Jason tickles you?"

"Yes but not under my armpits" she giggles holding her arms out of breath.

"Daddy let's play with the sand!" Nelly whines getting up.

"Where does he tickle you?" My dad's jaw tightens and I can tell he's about to burst.