Chapter 35: "How is he?"

~~4 years late~~
•Luella's Point Of View•

I never imagined I'd graduate high school, let alone graduate college itself.

Yes, I graduated college and now have a degree in journalism, finally

"You got everything? Cause we're not coming back" Hazel stands in our now empty apartment exhaling after taking her suitcases out.

"Yep, and you forgot your child" I say pointing with my thumb at her room.

Hazel and Keith had unexpected news 3 years ago, she got pregnant with the most annoying beautiful girl, Josy.

"I did not" Hazel slaps my shoulder and walks in her room, seconds later, she comes out with a passed out Josy with chocolate around her face.

"Vena! You gave my child chocolate again?!"

Honestly, having Josy around made college life much better, she really does bring joy.

Keith has been playing for the NFL, with Ben, and uhm him, Keith visits twice a month with Ben, he even sometimes takes Josy with him to give Hazel a break.

They're all doing amazing, long distance worked out for them

But not for me.

———-

"Guys, I think it's time I tell you we're not going to the flights I booked" Hazel chuckles holding Josy to her chest.

"What do you mean?" I question looking at a picture of my parents and Nelly in the Maldives with a text underneath 'can't wait for everyone to arrive!'

They're getting married in the maldives, and invited all their friends, my friends and our whole entire families from both sides

Let's just say dad got offered a huge amazing job 2 years ago, he owns a whole ass company now.

It's crazy.

"Keith kinda told me not to book them, his jet is waiting" Hazel smiles and I widen my eyes.

"Oh my fu-" I pinch Vena since Josy is wide awake.

"Oh my fun days! We're going on the jet!!" Vena squeals making Josy squeal with her.

"Oh wow, thank you, I mean, he didn't have to do all that" I say, Hazel shrugs "he said he wants his friends comfy"

———

23 hours and 40 minutes in a private jet was actually fun.

I got tipsy the second I stepped in it, then we all played with Josy and distracted her since she wanted to take over the pilot's seat.

Now they're all sleeping, except Hazel who's laying behind me on the phone with Keith.

She thinks I'm sleeping

"Is Lewis coming?" She whispers making my stomach twist.

"Yeah with his family and Kiara, it took 3 months of convincing, a new motor bike, and a custom made helmet" "You're welcome"

Oh fuck me

Wait, who's Kiara?

"Does he talk about her?" Hazel whispers and I can hear the sadness in her voice.

"He doesn't" my heart clenches, "but he thinks about her every second babe, it's driving him crazy, you know, four years with no contact, not even seeing eachother"

"How is he?"

My eyes water as I hold the thin blanket over my body.

"Absolute shit, I need to be honest, he's a mess, he comes home drunk twice a week so he won't get any troubles with his agent, he has breakdowns half the time, he trashes his apartment every once in a while"