9

James definitely could not do space. He was in our dorm every day under the pretenses of hanging out with me or Marlene. I love my brother, I truly do, but I could not spend one more minute with him. I tried the library, he found me. I tried the common room, got dragged back to my dorm. Hell, I'd even tried hiding in the Ravenclaw common room but once again, he found me. I was going to rip my hair out.

So I tried the one place I thought he'd never look, the astronomy tower. I climbed the stairs throwing looks over my shoulder to ensure he wasn't somehow behind me. I closed the door ever so quietly behind me and sighed when I finally heard silence. I laid on the floor with my bag under my head and lit a cigarette. I stared out of the window and felt at ease for the first time in a few days. No one asking what I was doing, or dragging me with them to be under their supervision. I closed my eyes, then heard the door creak open. I stayed laying there as I put the cigarette out. I didn't want to turn, I didn't want it to be James. I stayed with my eyes closed.

"Potter?" Regulus' voice rang, I turned my head ever so slightly.

"Hey." I replied.

"What're you doing?"

"Looking for peace and quiet, so please, if you're going to stay at least just shut up." He nodded as I turned my head back to the window. I heard his shoes click as he got closer. He slowly got down and laid next to me, as if he was scared I would attack him. I looked over at him, he was so close I could feel his breath. He offered a small smile, I returned it before closing my eyes again. His fingers brushed against mine for a moment, when I didn't pull back he hesitantly laced our fingers together. We laid in complete silence, our breath being the only noise. Every so often his hand out tighten around mine, I'd do it back.

I heard footsteps approaching the door and I shot up, Regulus stared at me from his spot. I grabbed my wand and locked the door.

"What was that?" He asked, I shook my head.

"Footsteps."

"We're not doing anything?"

"I'm not worried about that! I can't take anymore James, he's found me everywhere I've hidden. I need a break." I whispered. A low knock came on the door.

"Nova?" Lily's voice rang. I sighed.

"Yes love?" I asked.

"Can I come in? You've locked the door." I waved my wand again and in she walked. She paused when she saw Regulus and instinctively backed up. I stood between them.

"It's fine Lil. He's harmless."

"I wouldn't say I'm harmless now, darling." I turned to face him.

"Are you going to hurt her?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Then you're harmless, and now, also silent." I turned back to Lily, she smirked. "What's the trouble?"

"James is so annoying." She groaned as she dropped to the floor. Regulus snickered behind us. I shushed him and turned my attention back to her.

"Try living with him."

"I feel like I am! He never leaves me alone anymore!"

"He likes you."

"He could hide it better!"

"He's not very good at that honey." I replied with a chuckle, her face dropped. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'll take to him, lovely. Tell him to lay off. Not mention we spoke. Call it twintuition." She beamed at me.

"You're the best!" She cheered as she engulfed me in a hug. She walked out and i sighed heavily.

"You're very affectionate." Regulus spoke. I turned to face him.