30.

"You made it!" I cheered as I spotted Regulus and Rosier. I pushed through the people and pulled them into a hug.

"Potters drunk." Rosier sang. I rolled my eyes.

"It's her party let her live." Reg told him. I smiled up at him.

"Drinks! Let's get drinks!" I exclaimed as I grabbed both of their hands and pulled them through the crowd. Sirius stood with Moony next to an array of alcohol. The two Slytherins looked at each other before both pouring a shot of firewhisky and downing it.

"Look Nova we can't-" Reg started as Cas cut him off.

"You made it! Oh my favorite boys!" She cheered as she wrapped her arms around them. Marlene giggled behind her. They both hugged her back.

"Hey Cas." Rosier said. I looked at Regulus.

"Okay, fine. We'll stay." I beamed up at him. "But we're doing this for Cas."

"They need more to drink." Remus groaned. I laughed as he handed me two cups. I passed them off and smiled. I grabbed one for myself and turned back around to find Rosier, Cas and Marls gone. Regulus looked around like he'd rather be anywhere but here. He caught my eye and leaned down to my ear.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded and led him to the back corner of the common room which was much more quiet and way less crowded.

"What's up?" I asked him as I moved some papers to sit down. He examined me as he sat next to me.

"Look, I don't want this to come off the wrong way and sound like a dick or make you think I don't want to be with you, but what're we doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, is this going to work? I don't want to continue to fall in love with the star student, perfect marks, terribly funny Gryffindor girl if she's just going to decide it isn't worth it." His voice cracked at the end. I bit the inside of my lip then took a deep breath. He stared at me the whole time, he scanned my face for any sign of what was about to come out of my mouth.

"Reggie, this isn't my choice alone. It's both of us." He grabbed my hand.

"I am— terrifyingly enough— all in my love."

"I'm all in, Black." He looked around quickly before crashing his lips to mine. I kissed him back before we pulled apart and looked around again. We both laughed at how ridiculous we looked.

"Let's go get drunk with your friends." He said as he pulled me to my feet. We made our way back to the party as Moony wrapped an arm around me and handed me another drink. Sirius looked at Reggie from the corner of his eye.

"If you're staying 'round our girl, make sure she's safe." Sirius told him. I looked at Moony from under his arm. He shook his head.

"He's so drunk. Let him live." Moony told me, I laughed. So that's what it felt like to be on the other end of that statement. I leaned my head against Moony's chest while Regulus and Sirius talked.

"James is coming, he's mad." Pete told us out of breath from his run over. I shook my head.

"I got that one." I saw James storm through the party as I made my way to him.

"Nova! What the hell?" He shouted. I grabbed his wrist.

"Dorm, now." I ordered. He followed me quietly to my room.

"Care to-" I held up my hand to cut him off.

"Nope. I'm talking you're listening." He opened his mouth and I gave my best impression of mum. He closed it again. "All year I've taken your shit about being their friend. All year I've bent over backwards to make you happy. All year I've pretended they weren't some of the best people I've ever met. I'm done. You don't have to like them, you don't have to support me, but you do have to stop making an ass out of yourself for at least one night so we can have a fun fucking party. Understood?"