Chapter:3

(3 years ago in St.Xavier's Convent High School)

It was the beginning of monsoon and our new academic year's too. The petrichor coming from the soil was strong enough to make anybody drunk on the environment.

The vicinity in the school had become lush green.

The sky was cloudy as it had been pouring since last night. The buildings in our school were renovated and they looked brighter than bulbs but still it was dull around, due to lack of light.

Almost all the faces in that new academic year were familiar to me, since I had seen all those jokers for about 8 years then. I was an all-rounder during those times.

It was the last session of Friday, and I wasn't attending it as I was the Librarian in-charge, so I had to manage the books in the library. I had to manage 3 shelves that day!

Well, I loved doing that duty but sometimes it used to be tiring.

All the while I had been arranging the books in the first shelf, I had been hearing some soft music from the room beside.

And as the school got over, the volume of music surged and became more melodious.

It was easier for me to arrange that big heap of books within just an hour because of the pleasant piano music being played.

I came out and locked the library.
I peeped inside the music room through the door's glass; out of curiosity.

While doing so, I unknowingly pushed the door and went inside. The sunrays from the window struck my eyes and blocked my vision.

The music suddenly stopped.
And the one who was playing it, pulled the window blinds down.

I was now able to see the pianist.

He had a fair complexion and a tall, muscular body and smelled like carnations, his eyes were bright and simply beautiful.

He said in his deep voice, "Hello Adira."
"Hi, but how do you know me?" I said.
"Afterall you are the one I look up to!" he said.
"Excuse me, what do you mean?" I said in confusion.

"Long story.." he said and lifted his bag.

Okay, what is your name and to which standard do you belong? I inquired of him.
He said, "Well... I am Aarav studying in 9th D."

"You gotta be kidding me, you are my classmate?" I added. He might be the last person who was unknown to me in that batch.

"Yes, nice meeting you." He said
Same here I had replied... (a little struck with what had just happened.)

We were coming downstairs while conversing,
It went like this:

Him: You are a dancer, I suppose.
Me: Yes, but again how do you...
Him: I know everything
Me: You are a detective or something like that?
Him: No, no...

We had almost reached the exit gate. He waved me and
said "Let's talk tomorrow" and left.
But tomorrow it won't be a working day, I thought.

Anyways it was probably the strangest impression I've had of a person.

I was quite late to reach home that day. So I had to rush to
my tuition really quick. I grabbed all the books in one go and forced them into the bag only to regret it.
I hated the cover getting torn.

Damn!

While I was riding on the bicycle, Myra joined me from the other lane and started blabbering the same nonsense which was expected from her.

You know, "I am the best dancer and I am going to be the winner of the Dance show of our school. If you want I can
share the award with you, just tell me.

But of course, I need some reward, like if you introduce me to some guy ..." she said.

"No thank you, please find someone else" I replied.

I sped up my bicycle to reach early but suddenly I felt a mini quake kind of shock followed by Myra's cry.

The roads were slippery due to rain and Myra had clumsily slipped from her bicycle. She had injured herself terribly. I was worried about her health.

Damn! And the competition coming in next 2 days....
What about it?