Chapter:5

It was finally Monday!

"The next dance battle will be between a blue house dancer and a red house dancer (both females), the points given will be based on dancers' spontaneity."

The dancers, their gender, song and from which group they will perform was selected by the judges on the spot.
And the criteria on which they will be given points was also given on the spot.

The dancers could either  perform along with their rival or perform against them.

I was the ace dancer of our yellow house that year.
I was hoping that atleast 1 out of our 3 rounds becomes a success.

2 rounds,
(Girl paired with girl) and( boy paired with boy) were over . So it was obvious that the next round would be between a girl and boy.

And our house mistress wanted to send me for the third round.
The third round (a girl and a boy) began.
Now it was the time that the judge picked up random chits from the bowl. She picked up a yellow chit.

She said, "A boy from green house and a girl from yellow house." The boy who accepted the challenge was, none other than Aarav.

Dang! This guy is everywhere... I mean..
Huh! nevermind!

We went backstage and first conversed about the style we were to pick.
He said, "I can dance contemporary, can you?"
I said, "Of course! That's great! Ok then let's do that."

"But as rivals or partners?" He asked keenly.
"It's better if we show our moves uniquely to the audience." I said. I waved my eyebrows at him.
"Fine" he said in his deep voice.

I wore a white ball dress along with white stalkings and a white rose tied to my bun which. I wore a pair of black Mary Jane to support our contrast.

While Aarav wore a black pant with black leather shirt and white shoes.

We went on the stage, and the judges projected the song and criteria on the screen in front of us.

The song was, 'SWAY' and the criteria was rivalry chemistry.

Everybody started cheering up as if some erotic spice was going to be shown on the stage!

We took 5 minutes to discuss the scene and dance behind the curtains.

We came back on stage and greeted each other as it was the tradition of our school's dance competition.

And the song began,
When marimba rhythm starts to play,
dance with me, make me sway.

Aarav began dancing, he danced magically well, it was the first time I saw a guy dance with so much passion. I felt the fire of his dance rush in my blood.

And to pass the chance to me, he looked into my eyes and swirled me while holding my right hand up and the lyrics went like....

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you...

I danced to the mesmerizing tunes. I had heard that song before. Therefore I enjoyed dancing to it. I didn't wish to win but rather to ravish the stage.

We did some stunts which were different than other dancers. And because we had to show the rivalry chemistry we used to tease each other through by doing small flips or stunts.

We did the last verse together as partners.

And the dance got over. Everybody applauded for us.
I enjoyed this dance battle more than any other before, I had thought.

It was the first time that I danced with a boy partner.
It felt nice.

We came backstage to change and that's when the conversation between us truly began.