Chapter 6 - Choose Wisely

Aytrax & Dahan stood outside the entrance of Gloria city ready to go their separate ways after defeating Enoch when they make their way back towards the entrance they helped the city sentinels & citizens to fight back turns out everyone felt Enochs's soul perish, and this triggered an uprising they managed to push them out of the city slaying a few knights the city was now free as some Knights of Unity were demoralized at the demise of Enoch with some of them surrendering willingly to be prisoners was it out of fear or out of respect, honor? It was a mixture of reasons. Regardless, Aytrtax managed to locate the locations of the people that disgrace him but he was unsure where to start, maybe Lord Griffe would have some advice regarding his predicament, plus he needed to repair his equipment something tells him that Acier would be happy to provide. He turned his attention towards Dahan & put a paw on his shoulder.

"Thank you, Dahan, without your help I wouldn't have to claim what I seek without your help, but I have to ask you did you know that you stood no chance against him?" Aytrax asked him with a small grateful smile which turn into a sympathetic one & in return Dahan gave him a sad smile. What he said next concerned his suspicions.

"Yes my friend, I did ... to be honest, I had lost the will to live until I saw you an astray in a mission, a true born warrior someone that could aid me in my time of need, for that I thank you Aytrax you truly are a friend," Dahan said in a soft tone as he made eye contact with the werewolf who could give the former farmer a soft smile.

"Vey well my friend, but I'm afraid this is where we depart. I hope you have found peace in yourself," Aytrax said as he patted Dahan's shoulder, earning a chuckle from the goblin who could only return words of kindness towards him.

"Until we meet again Aytrax, again thank you for everything I truly meant it," Dahon said as he offer his hand, to the young astray who could only nod with his head he grip his hand with his paw then they bump shoulders as a sign of respect for their strength & ambitions. To say the least, they were both happy that they found a friend as they departed with food & supplies that the town citizens offer them.

****

          Aytrax found himself back in the middle of the cave having teleported from a nearby dancing flame that had materialized near the gates just when Dahon had departed towards his destination, he didn't say where he was going but told Aytrax not to worry about him, he only wanted to explore more of the world & help wary travelers or anyone fleeing from Knights of Unity. When the fire settled down he heard the two eternal dragons shift towards his direction with Ashfield addressing him with a smirk on his snout, while his sister could only smile with a pleased hum at seeing Aytrax return.

"Welcome back young astray, I trust that you have fulfilled your promise?" Ashfield says with his still present smirk towards Ayrax who only could respond by reaching towards one of his pouches & taking out the pendant offering towards its rightful owners. The two eternal hoarding dragons' eyes widened in surprise & Aytrax could swear he saw some tears in their eyes, the pendant must mean a lot to them. Ashfield reached towards it & gently took it in his paw Ashfield then held the pendant close to his chest with small tears it took a while for them to compose themselves before Skyblaze thanked him.

"Thank you young, from the bottom of our hearts this pendant truly means a lot to us, especially to my brother. It serves as a family treasure passed from generation to generation, it's also a relic of happy memories." Skyblaze said as she wiped her tears Aytrax bowed towards them to show his respect.

"I was only doing my duty as a Knight of the Dark Flame in exchange for you letting me rest in your cave, there is nothing more to it," Aytrax said with a kind tone as he bowed to show his respects toward them he was just glad to return the favor.