Chapter 7: Ambition

Ambition is a word that Aytrax had heard various times during his time as a Knight of Unity a word that would describe him & other Knights of Unity when he was a young pup he always holds a great amount of ambition, it was kind of ironic in a cruel way that his ambition led him to commit several atrocities as his time as Knight of Unity yet he couldn't bring himself to burn the orphanage down those children didn't deserve to perish yet they did as he was held hostage & could only look in terror & anguish a painful memory of the day he was disgraced. Now he here was traveling a total of two days to reach Trox's location by Unicorn he saved the majestic creature from a manticore, and he also came several dancing flames, which would be useful to travel across the lands of Ever Hope he also come across merchants offering goods such as clothes, food & supplies. One thing that he came to admire was the 'Burden of Riches' sword the sword did its job by making fights easier against tougher enemies draining their will with its golden chains upon being hit once with it, as they will materialize in them, he also found out he can summon the at will by focusing in their will & bring the chains from their own will, it was such a terrifying power no wonder why Sylvain was considered Or's guardian a warrior meant to protect a dragon's hoard of treasures from greedy or ambitious by using their draining their will to fight.

                  Aytrax won't be lying that right now he was full of it, his desire for retribution against those who had disgraced him was ambitious he had to take care of account not to let it get in his way, after all to much ambition could lead to his downfall & demise, not that he thinks of it his whole family was rather ambitions was it out of pride, desires or simply to make something out themselves. His father, may his soul rest in peace, had once told him that being ambitious was not a terrible thing but that it wasn't good either as it serves as a way for someone to seek purpose in life. Aytrax's ears lower in sadness knowing that he had let his ambition corrupt him when he became a knight of Unity.

             He was glad that his mother & father didn't live long enough to see him commit atrocities such as slaughtering men & women leaving many children with no parents or siblings, stealing, burning village crops, and worst of all not displing his men when they will have their way towards some of the people on the village. He whimper from the burning sensation that his dark flames gave him another reminder of why he became astay to seek redemption by seeking those who had to disgrace him & consuming their flesh, suffering from enemy attacks in the worst way possible as he recalled how Odron's flame serve as pain amplifiers for every attack until an astray had fulfilled his purpose they become soothing & pain relievers, in other words, Odron's flame will occasionally give off a slight burning sensation when someone remembers their sins, compare to the slight small discomfort new astrays experience 24/7 until they fulfilled their purpose the flames will longer be discomfort but soothing but there are some astrays that pain will never go away, accepting, embracing & welcoming it due to their devotion of not wanting to relieve their pain. These astray are known as the Bitter Dark Flames, astrays that hate themselves more than anyone in the world due to abusing themselves & their beliefs who couldn't forgive themselves for what they did. Despite this, they get along well with normal Dark Flames. Nightshade himself was a Bitter Dark Flame, he had explained to Aytrax when they were drinking warm milk.

             Aytrax was willing to forgive himself for his past sins, Nightshade didn't mind everyone having their reasons but had the same goal in mind & that goal was to stop Soldrax & the Knights of Unity from reckoning havoc against other kingdoms along with exposing his true intentions & colors. Regardless Aytrax could only hum the song of the Eternal Blessed Dragons called "Blessed Forever" to celebrate the victory against the opposing faction of Eternal Dragons called "The Worthy Ones" the song was a catchy tune that Odron & many Knights of The Dark Flame would eventually sing, the song was created during the civil wars that the dragons had in regardless of how to rule the lands that will become Ever Hope. Odron had a song dedicated to him towards the first astray that he created by the name of Otto, Ordon's Testimony. The song was called "Truth of the Dark Flame". As he hummed the lyrics of the song he couldn't help to wonder what issues the other Eternal Dragons were facing in the other nations of the world all he knew was that the conflict in Ever Hope revolved against Soldrax not accepting other ideals, and cultures & religions. Odron is the only one to question him; the other Dragons didn't think much. How little did they know that Solrax wanted to conquer all to his name believing that his philosophy should only be the one to exist.

Blessed Eternal Dragons, roar, roar, roar to the heavens.

Protect us from our foes.

Roar, Roar, Roar to victory against those unworthy of ruling the lands X2

Blessed forever, praise, praise, praise the Blessed Ones with fire from above

Our Enemies tremble in fear due to your might. Praise, praise, Praise the blessed ones

We Are Damned if the lands are ruled by tyrants, who claim to be worthy

Unworthy they are, so roar, roar, roar to the blessed ones

Who are truly worthy to rule over us. X3

Blessed fire & claws delivering victory against tyranny

Praise & Roar, Praise & Roar, to them x2

Oh Eternal dragons you are truly worthy of ruling the lands forever you are blessed