Chapter 12 II

Meanwhile in Volterra

The day for the Vulturi was normal, the girls trained hard, they learned languages and manners too, and in their free time, they read magic books, Aro and his brothers were anxious to know if the girls possessed any gift, not that they would need it given the power they had but as vampires, they would possibly develop something.

It was late afternoon and night would soon fall, instead, Hermione was jumping in the water in the forest while ______ was peacefully lying on the shore of the lake under a tree, listening in the background to what Hermione was talking about and sometimes contributing something.

Hermione - Do you think we have a gift? - She asked suddenly.

____ opened one eye and looked at her for a few seconds.

_____ - Why do you want one if we already have several talents, isn't being able to put people in illusions to the point of leaving them very bad and spitting fire not enough, - She said closing her eyes again.

Hermione - It is, but I mean on our vampire side, father and our uncles are hoping that we will acquire one, - She spoke a little hopeful, _____ sat down better on the grass and looked at her sister carefully.

_____ - If we were to possess one it would soon appear, we should hope that these things don't happen quickly and you know that - She spoke softly towards her, Hermione listened attentively and nodded a little more calmly.

- Besides even if we didn't have one, I'm sure we already made them proud as daughters Hermione, you are smart, strong, clever, and you are a great daughter, don't let the fear of not having a gift affect you, give it time and we'll see what happens - She spoke again, Hermione smiled at her words, she was about to answer her but someone beat her to it.

Sulpicia - Your sister is right sweetheart, we are enormously proud of you two with or without vampire gifts - Spoke her mother coming out from behind a tree next to Aro, they had arrived a few minutes ago and they listened to their daughter's peculiar conversation, being amazed by the maturity with which their eldest daughter calmed Hermione's nerves, they thought together that _____ would be a good leader in the future.

Aro - Your mother and sister are right my beautiful Hermione, with or without a gift I am already very proud as a father of both of you, - He spoke smiling at the two girls who quickly came up to them and hugged them.

Hermione felt more relieved and happy about the words of her family, she felt that if she didn't have a gift like her older siblings her parents would be disappointed.

Aro and Sulpicia took their daughters back to their home, things were getting difficult in Volterra, the humans were beginning to distrust them and as they found out they would do an investigation on them, they feared for what would happen if they knew they were vampires, much more for their daughters, so they wouldn't know what was going on they let them play in the forest away from the city or kept them busy.

The girls were falling asleep and almost stopped on their way home so their parents carried them without problems and the little 8 years old girls fell into the arms of Morpheus.

During the night through dreams, the two goddesses told their little girls pleasant stories, which remained simply beautiful dreams for the girls, when in reality it was a way for their grandmothers to be with them on a plane for a long time. 

The next morning the day in Volterra was respectively normal, Sulpicia could be seen in the kitchen with her daughters while they were eating animatedly, talking about what they were learning, strangely Sulpicia had the feeling that something was going to happen and made her a little nervous but she tried to contain herself in front of her daughters.