Chapter 3 Partners

It has been a couple of days since I joined the Decepticons and started living with them and to be honest, it has been a blast. Knockout and Breakdown got used to me very quickly and we all became very good friends. I have met a few other Cybertronians, but most of them were Vehicons, other higher ranking officers like Starscream would report to the bridge, where I was off limits to go.

I was in the workshop, finally finishing one of the weapons, a small knife and a sniper rifle with a few modifications made to it since the design is for a male. I painted it black and started to polish it when I heard the doors of the quarters open.

I got up from my workspace and out of the house to see Starscream enter, with dull optics. Since I got here I have asked about their language and Knockout was generous enough to explain something to me and helped me learn the language.

I get closer to him and say, "Are you okay?" He looks my way, angry. "What does it look like to you!"

I didn't flinch at his words and he sighed.

"Megatron?" I ask.

"He has a mission to stop the Autobots from getting a relic, but there is a catch... he wants you there as well."

I was surprised at this news, since all I was assigned to do so far was research if any myths were true and simple scouting missions with Starscream. I quickly disappeared and headed to my bedroom to put on the new outfit I made. While I still loved my Assassins outfit, I couldn't wear it without the Autobots discovering me.

My new outfit would make me not only able to carry my new weapons, but also more agile and easily hidden in the night and a couple other surprises that I have installed if I run into any trouble.

(The outfit Enigma wears)

I walked out, with my new rifle in hand, and Starscream looked almost afraid of me in my new outfit. I retracted my helmet off and said, "What do you think?"

Starscream didn't say anything and just pulled his hand out and I jumped into it. I have been trying to have Starscream open up to me, but no matter what I try he is always hesitant to let me in. I talked with Knockout and Breakdown about it, but they weren't much help so I have just been patient, thankfully I have plenty of patience, due to my training in wanting to be a sniper for the Decepticons.

He walked out to the main flight deck and I disassembled my rifle, putting it in the compartments of my armor and he transformed into his F-16 jet, blasting off the platform. He did a few stunts in the air which were pretty impressive and seemed to be pretty easy to him.

"Wow, that was awesome! You're an amazing flier, Starscream." I looked out to see his wings stretched out even more, huffing in pride. "Of course I am. I was and still am one of the best fliers of all Seekers."

"Seekers, is that what your race was called?" He turned right and said, "What do you mean 'my race?'"

"I mean no insults, I was just saying that humans characterize a race into different other races, think of it as a race within a race." He hummed and said, "That... makes sense, but yes that is my 'race' as you put it."