The day

~

The city hall was crowded more than ever. Everywhere you turn there are cameras that records and films every movement one makes. It was Ariel's 19th birthday. A day she never really looked forward to since it's the same way all year round.

She smiles and greets guests and work partners with a graceful smile, thanking them for their well wishes and gifts. "When will this be over?" She said while popping a chocolate dipped strawberry into her mouth. "Nevermind, the food is great."

"EXACTLYYYYYY!" Donna exclaimed as she grinned while chewing a piece from the huge birthday cake. "I understand that you're bored with this, but you have to do it for the press. You're afterall the daughter of a CEO princess. BUT I SWEAR THE FOOD-"

"Yup." She agreed, this time joining her grinning friend who took another piece of the velvet cake. Ariel's gown matched with that of her cake's and other decours. Royal red with gold intrications, studded with small rhinestones that glistened in the light. It was such a beautiful dress she wouldn't have wished to get out of it had it not been heavy and a little stuffy.

"Mad respect to the person who made this cake what the actual hell." Donna added as Ariel managed a small nod despite losing herself in the sweet taste that spread across her tongue.

"By the way," Donna drawled.

"Hmm?" Ariel asked soon after leaving a satisfied mmmh at the cappuccino.

"Where's the greatly sculpted, god hot bodyguard of yours who sticks to you all day?"

"Well since it's my birthday and a lot of people are here capturing pictures, he can't be around with his intimidating ass stare you get what I'm saying?" She raised her brows while slurping her dear cappuccino.

"I seeeeee... It's a shame that I couldn't get to see the greatly sculpted, god-"

"hot bodyguard of mine who sticks around me all day, yes."

"Yes."

"Happy birthday Ari-"

"WHAT-"

Why does he always appear when we talk about him aaaaahh-

"Hey- are you okay?"

No. I nearly fell outta my chair-

"Casper- What are you doing here?" She hoped her voice didn't waver as she asked him the dumbest question to have ever been asked.

"Casper! Hi!" Donna greeted unnecessarily loud, — an inert characteristic of hers, — smiling widely. Casper swallowed visibly and blinked twice after drawing a breath in.

"Dearest birthday wishes Ariel." With those smoky eyes sparkling and mouth corners quirked up, anyone could fall head over heels for the man infront of them. "And my gift." He muttered so quick, she almost missed the hint of hesitancy in his tone.

"I- Thank you. You didn't have to, you know?" The skin around her eyes wrinkled as she let out a thankful smile. "We'll have to get close, you know?" He reasoned, his eyebrows held up in a manner that copied her own curiosity.

"NO." Her eyes widened.

"YES." Donna pressed.

"yes..." Casper cheered low along with Donna, his muscles easing at her reaction.

"IS THIS- my god. A cat keychain what the HECK?!- Thank you so much!" She stared at the keychain in awe and disbelief. How did he know that she liked cats so much? "It's not much is it? I'm glad you seem to really like it though."

Taking her confused gaze in, he added, "I mean, from what I saw I think you're comparatively more shocked about this than the other gifts. In a good way that is."

"Casper... It's- it's a CAT keychain. Who gifts keychains to someone who's always up the tv and media? They think that doesn't do any good since I'm supposedly popular and cause I'm my CEO father's daughter. So it's always some predictable yet appreciateable gift..." She trailed off and fixed her pupils back at the keychain.

"And now when I expected another classic display item or designer piece to show up, there's a keychain. AND IT'S MAIN COMPONENT IS A CAT. How will I be not happy with such a thoughtful gift? Thank you so much!" Ariel thanked, her eyes moist with joy.

"WANT SOME CAKE?!?" Donna took a plate and handed it to him.

"I'm goo-"

"Take it." Ariel pressed and he took the plate having no other choice, grateful for them. A smile ghosted his pink lips as he took in her flushed cheeks and happy eyes. She's happy, he thought to himself.

~