Chapter 15

Arya's Point Of View.

Rigden is recovering fast and now he can almost walk without any difficulties. I think between this 2 months, we have got very much closer to each other. I don't know if he has started to see me as more than friends or not, but in this two months I'm pretty much sure that I'll never stop loving him. When I stayed five years away from him, I thought I'll be able to move on from him, but I could never do that.

It was almost 1:30 am and I was just on my way to see how my patients were doing. Actually, I was in a night shift. I saw someone, coming out of Rigden's room. The body looked famine, so I consider it to be a girl but why was she hiding her face? Before I could go and check on Rigden, I got some emergency call and I had to attend them.

The next morning I went to check on Rigden.

"Hey, what are you looking at?", I said as I entered his room and saw him staring through the window. He doesn't need wheelchair anymore.

"Nothing much, I was just seeing the outside world", he said.

While we were talking I saw a pink flower near beside his bed. It looked like someone has just given him. The flowers looked fresh.

"Who gave you this flower?", I asked Rigden.

"I don't know. I have been receiving this pink flower since the day I woke up from the comma. I don't know who keeps this everyday and why does that person do it. But one thing I know is that, I feel like someone is waiting for me and is longing for me for a long time. You know when I woke up from my comma, I heard about my mother's death and the doctors said it would be hard for me to walk again. That time my whole world seemed to get into the darkness. Then you came and made me happier, my world seemed to be much brighter. But when you weren't there, it was this flower which shone in my darkness. It gave me a certain feeling that I have to see the next day, because I knew someone would keep the flowers again for me. So like this I continued living, and then eventually you came and now I'm smiling again", he said looking at those flowers.

"He has been receiving flowers since the day he woke up from comma, and he doesn't know who keeps the flowers everyday. Could that someone be that unknown girl? Who could be that lady? And what's his connection with Rigden?", I thought in my mind.

"Hey...where are you so lost?", he laughed.

"Ah...nothing. I'm just tired, I had a night shift. I'll go home and take a rest. I'll see you by evening ", I said.

"Okay, take good rest. I'll be waiting for you", he smiled. When he smiled at me, I felt so happy. It's good to know the fact that the person you love the most is waiting for you. But somehow, I felt some easiness. I felt like something will take him away from me. That time his smile gave me the comfort, yet I felt some uneasiness in me.

It was almost 2 am. I don't have night shift today, but I took my friend's turn and stayed at the hospital. Something is very suspicious. I am pretty much sure that that lady would come again.

While waiting for that lady, I didn't know how I felt asleep. But when I woke up, I directly went to check on Rigden. And as expected, the lady was there in his room. I secretly kept an eye on her through the partially opened door.

That lady looked at Rigden who was sleeping soundly for like 5 minutes. Before leaving, she slowly caressed his hands and kissed on his forehead. That instant, I knew she would be now coming out, so I ran to that same spot and pretended to be asleep.

I heard her footsteps passing me. After that I followed wherever she went. I think, she sensed that someone was following her, so she started running. Then I couldn't hold any longer and just started running behind her.