Five

The stylists took Sidney down to the same place she started in the Capitol at. They repeated the same routine. They waxed her, combed her hair, and washed her down. She was then taken back to the District Four stylist, who gave her the dress for the interview right away.

The dress was a deep blue at the top that became lighter and lighter until it was white at the bottom. It was long-sleeved, the sleeves being made out of transparent lace, along with the top layer of the skirt. The bottom layer of the skirt only went to Sidney's mid thigh. The top was form fitting and wrapped around Sidney's chest and neck like a wave of water. Overall, the dress was beautiful.

Sidney was then sat in front of a mirror where the makeup artists got to work. They put blue glittered eye shadow on her eyelids. They put dark blue lipstick on her lips and then did her eyeliner before getting to work on her hair.

They curled her hair and pinned it back so it fell in waves over her shoulders. They took diamonds and pinned them in her hair. Her look was finally complete and now all she had to do was wait.

The many victors were lined up behind stage together. Finnick tried to hug Sidney, but he was smacked on the chest by a stylist before he got the chance. The stylist scolded him and told them they couldn't hug until after the interview as he might ruin Sidney's hair. Sidney went on to laugh at Finnick for a full five minutes.

They took their spots standing next to each other behind District Three, watching as the interviews began.

The two siblings from District One began to cry on stage. Sidney knew it was fake, but she was glad they did it to try and and stop the Games.

District Two didn't do much to try and convince the Capitol to stop the Games. But that was expected as they probably wanted to win glory for a second time.

Wiress mumbled through most of her interview, but Beetee talked about how the Quarter Quell could be undone. It didn't help convince anyone to end the Games, but it was very interesting.

Sidney was then called on stage. She looked back at Finnick for a moment and they both gave each other a thumbs up before she disappeared from his vision and walked up the stairs.

"From District Four, the victor of the 68th Hunger Games, Sidney Gage!" Caesar Flickerman yelled into his microphone. Sidney plastered a fake, wide smile on her face as she walked onto the stage.

Caesar took her hand, spinning her around so that the Capitol citizens and the camera could get a good look at her dress.

"My, my, you look lovely tonight!" Caesar smiled.

"Thanks, Caesar, being lovely is amazing . . . times eight." Sidney replied, there was laughter from the audience. This is what Sidney was known for, being witty, confident, somewhat chaotic, and if you asked some people, not very bright.

"So I must ask, how do you feel about these Games?" Caeser asked her. Sidney glanced up at the victors standing on the shadows above the stage. She looked down at the crowd of adoring Capitol citizens. She had to be very careful with her words.

"All I'm going to say is that nothing lasts forever and history repeats itself. I'm not worried about myself, though. I got bigger things to think about." Sidney told him.

"Are you talking about Finnick Odair?" Caeser asked with a knowing smile. Sidney nodded. "May I ask, are you two close? You don't comment on your relationship often."

Sidney thought for a moment while looking up at nothing, she licked the top row of her teeth as a questioning smile grew across of her face, she looked back to Caeser. "See it's complicated. . . ." She thought for another moment. "But it's not complicated. It's complicated but it's not complicated."

The people of the Capitol laughed, Caeser waited for the laughter to die down. "Well, can you uncomplicate it?" Laughter broke out again.

Sidney clapped her hands together and grinned even wider. "Yes, I can try." She chuckled a bit. "See, Finnick is like my bestest friend ever, who is also my brother . . . who is also my son."

There was a moment of confused silence before Caeser spoke up with a wide smile. "I'm sorry, what?!" The Capitol people broke out in laughter.

"Does that make sense?"

"In a certain light, yes." Caeser and the audience laughed some more. "Well, it has been wonderful to have you." Caeser kissed Sidney's hand before letting her walk to the back of the stage and up the stairs to the rest of the victors, the audience cheered as Sidney rolled her eyes and dropped her smile the second they couldn't see her face.

Finnick soon came on, the crowd went wild. Caeser smiled at Finnick, greeting him with a firm handshake.

"So, Finnick, I understand you have a message to somebody out there." Caeser spoke. Finnick smiled with the nod of his head. "A special somebody."

As Caeser held the mic to Finnick, he adjusted himself and stared right into the camera. "My love. You have my heart. For all eternity. If . . . if I die in that arena. My last thought would be of your lips."

Sidney listened as the rest of the interviews ensued, her and Finnick sharing looks with each other once in a while, especially when Johanna began swearing up a storm and shouting.

Katniss professed the whole star-crossed lovers act being the truth. That was until Peeta's interview started. Everyone watched as he stuttered for a moment, he paused, catching his break. Like he was going to drop some kind of bomb on the crowd.

"If- if- excuse me . . . if it weren't for the baby." He said.

The people of the Capitol broke into gasps and shouts over the news, Sidney's jaw hung wide open as the ends of her lips perked up into a smile. She looked to Finnick, who nodded in an 'I know' manner.

Finnick grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers together before Sidney offered her other hand to Beetee. Linking hands and raising their arms up high in the air, they stared out at the crowd who let out even louder shouts of protest as they saw their united hands and emotionless faces.

Down with Snow. Down with the Capitol.