𝟏𝟗 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

.𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒.
.

As I walked up the stairs with the other two bags in my hands I saw Lucy having a staring contest with the air. She seemed focused on something.

I walked up to her and saw what she seemed to find so intriguing. A single gold glowing orb flowing in the office where we had stood just moments ago.

I took a breath setting down the bags beside me keeping my right hand draped across my chest on the left side where my rapier set in its place.

Strange was that I couldn't even hear something, but Lucy did. Her eyes as wide as saucers.

She walked forward as the orb did as well. I got worried for her getting ghost locked grabbing her wrist pulling her back next to me as the orb floated out of the room forward in our direction.

The glowing got brighter and a figure of a woman could be made out from the glowing hues. "Lockwood?", Lucy squeaked slightly scarred of the visitor as I drew my rapier fast.

No response. "Lockwood?", she tried again this time sounding urgent enough to make me step slightly in front of her since she hadn't thought about drawing her rapier.

I could slightly hear the whispering of the visitor but not as present as it should be for me. "Anthony", I urged as Lucy stumbled back a bit calling him at the same time with a strained voice.

"Just a sec", I heard him calling from the room on my right. "There's another death-glow", he explained sounding focused and I sighed heavily beginning to get nervous around the visitor.

Lucy grabbed a hold of her rapier drawing it as Lockwood continued oblivious to our current situation. "Something nasty happened here too a long while back, which means there might have been two violent deaths in this house", he spoke sounding really intrigued by whatever he found in that room.

"Lockwood! It's urgent", I exclaimed louder than I had attempted to be as the visitor began to manifest fully in front of us. It was a woman and she didn't exactly seem happy about our presence.

"Thing is, I don't see how the first death's got anything to do with the Hopes", he finally turned towards me seeing I had drawn may rapier pointing it at something in front of me.

"So perhaps the disturbances weren't caused by Mr. Hope...", he trailed off as he realised why we both had drawn our rapiers in front of us. He stood beside Lucy who stood between me and Lockwood.

"No. Well done", I grumbled keeping my eyes trained on the female visitor in front of me. "They weren't", I added.

"Ah", he mused still not looking away from the woman. "You two got anything from her?", he asked.

"Well we haven't tried. We were too busy trying to make contact with the living", I spoke harsher than expected making both their heads snap towards me.

I sighed. "Sorry. Just the nerves", I apologised looking briefly at them both as Lockwood nodded shortly.

"Then why not have a go before she gets any closer?", Lockwood asked trailing his eyes back to the visitor as he drew his rapier as well.