𝟐𝟗┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

.𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑠.
.

I sighed happily as I turned off the faucet of the shower, stepping out of it and grabbed a towel to wrap myself in it.

I looked at the fogged up mirror above the sink taking the hand towel to clean the fog off. I realised I had a few cuts on my face. One above my left brow and the other on my right cheek.

"Evie? I got some clothes for you", I heard Lucy call out from behind the door.

I sighed walking towards the door and opened it, right as I did I saw Lockwood gazing down rapidly as he saw me wrapped up in a towel taking the clothes from Lucys arm.

"Thank you", I mumbled to her wanting to close the door again, but she placed a hand on it keeping it open. She blocked out any view of me and unfortunately for me too.

I could just barely see some movement behind her, but her body blocked any sight I would've had. "Lockwood was devastated when DEPRAC took you and you didn't come back the evening after like they had told us", she explained and I gazed at her.

"What even happened after I blacked out? I just remember-", I stopped as I remembered her choking me during the experiment with Annabel's ring which had gone wrong.

"I'm sorry about that, by the way. I felt terrible as I woke up standing over your unconscious body", she spoke in a hushed manner.

flashback
third person pov

As Evie's eyes began to close George ran over to the curtains throwing them open to let the sunlight in.

A screeching was heard as the connection between Annabel and Lucy broke throwing the poor girl to the ground as she tried to catch her breath.

Anthony stood still not wanting to look at either Lucy kneeling on the ground catching her breath or Evie's seemingly sleeping form against the wall.

"I knew you were bad news!", George accused Lucy which made her look up at him with shock. Then she finally took a glance at her female friend leaning against the wall in a sitting position with her eyes closed.

"You did this!", George exclaimed angrily at her as she shuddered away. "I shouldn't have agreed to this..this nonsense! You only further proved that you're crazy!", he added and began spiralling into arguments for her to leave.

"Enough!", Anthony grabbed George by the shoulders roughly enough to make him turn in surprise. "We need an ambulance, now!", he spoke firmly which made George nod briefly before running out of the room grabbing the phone dialling DEPRAC.

end of flashback

"Lockwood didn't speak a word to any of us after DEPRAC took you with them. He wanted to drive with you to the hospital, but Inspector Barnes told us to stay out of this and that you will be back the following evening", she explained to me.

"Only I wasn't back the following evening", I guessed and she nodded.

"Lockwood was anxious. I have never seen him like that before, he wasn't himself after you didn't come back and nobody at the hospital knew anything about you even being there", she confirmed and sighed after that.

"He loves you, Evie. He truly wholeheartedly loves you", she smiled at me. "He told both me and George after you were already missing for a week ", she whispered and winked at me.

I grinned happily before remembering my attire and that I had to change. "Thank you, Lucy. Really", I smiled and closed the door after she bid her goodbyes.

But before the door was fully closed I could see a glimpse of light brown hair rushing into the room next to the bathroom.

It was Lockwood. He had heard what Lucy just told me.