𝟑𝟎┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

.𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛.
.

Now fully clothed I made my way to Lockwoods room knocking against the wooden door softly.

"Come in", I heard a tired voice call from inside and so I opened the white painted door to see Lockwood at his desk. "Evie", he breathed looking up, before swallowing hard breaking eye contact with me.

"You heard what Lucy had told me, didn't you?", I asked as I put my dirty clothes in the basket for it. He glanced at me out of his peripheral vision nodding slightly.

He seemed to be ashamed of what he had told both Lucy and George when I was gone. I nodded as well sighing. "You don't have to reciprocate the feeling-", he began but I cut him off.

"No, no I do. I really do...ugh, just..just give me time", I stuttered blushing slightly as he looked up at me with hope in his eyes. He nodded understanding.

"I give you all the time you need", he smiled before standing up and walking to his bed. He patted the side next to him for me to lay down. I smiled and lay down beside him to which he pulled me a little closer by my waist.

"Is this alright?", he whispered as I tensed a bit by his touch. I could feel his breath on my neck tickling me right behind my ear. I relaxed a bit.

"Yes", I answered truthfully closing my eyes with a smile on my face. "This is alright", I added whispering as he did before.

"I'll wait for you, Evie. Even if it costs me a lifetime", I could hear him breath out in a hushed tone behind me.

I nodded absentmindedly while slowly drifting off to sleep in his arms and his bed under his covers.

***

"I can't believe she lied to us", I could hear as I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

I frowned confused by what they were talking about. "What are you guys talking about?", I asked crossing my arms while standing in the doorway.

"Why didn't you tell us you were a Fittes?", George accused enraged while slamming his fist down onto an open newspaper. He frowned at me looking betrayed.

I froze up at the statement of his. "I-", I cut myself off sighing while rubbing my eyes. "I'm sorry", I spoke up looking at the three standing before me with crossed arms and a look of betrayal on their faces.

"Yeah, you should be, because we're losing a great asset to our team", Lockwood said with a strained voice as if he had been crying. I gasped at him.

"What? No no no. You can't fire me! Not because of that tiny little mistake!", I shook my head desperately. He couldn't fire me. Not yet.

"That 'tiny little mistake' could've prevented us from having depts!", Anthony yelled at me making me back away to in shock. "Besides you lied about your name, that means we can't trust you. You could be lying about everything when you open your mouth", he added with a spiteful voice.

Yet his eyes were different. It hurt him to yell at me, when everything I lied about was my name and my name only. He didn't want me to leave I could see it, but he had to let me go. For the sake of his agency and probably his own well-being.

I huffed. "So that's all I am to you now? Someone who waisted your time? Who lied to you? Someone who didn't risk their live three fucking times and got ghost touched because of your guys' stupidity?", I yelled back at him making him flinch.

The words hurt me even more that they did to him. "I went through hell the last month and all you care about is your stupid sixty grand dept?!", tears are now making their way down my cheeks drying up fast, leaving my eyes red and puffy.

"Wait! Hold on, sixty grand?!", George interrupted our screaming war looking at Lockwood with the same expression as he did a few minutes ago while looking at me.

"That's not important at the moment", Anthony sighed. "What's important is that you leave and stay out of my life!", he spoke directed towards me. I gazed down at my feet.

"I'll be gone by afternoon", I whispered with a strained voice nodding along with my words before turning around to leave and to pack my things.

What had I done.