chapter 11

I wake up and I immediately noticed Lando's arm around my waist. I thought this sh*t only happens in those stupid romantic movies lmao.
I softly turn around trying not to wake Lando up. I caught myself staring the second I turned around. I also thought that people look extremely ugly in the morning but apparently not. I softly grab his wrist and put it on the sheets. I try to stay as quiet as possible and leave his room. I walk into the kitchen and I see Max sitting on his phone while drinking a coffee.
"Soo were you still in your pjs when you woke up or did you have to put them on?" He says grinning at his own comment.
I roll my eyes before answering. "I think it's better to make me a coffee instead of sitting here making stupid comments." I laugh at his reaction.
"No but honestly, how does this work?" I ask him not having a clue of how this thing works.
Max tells me to sit down and makes me a coffee.
"Sugar and milk?" He asks me.
"A bit of sugar, please." I say watching him grab the jar of sugar. He pours the sugar in, gives me the cup of coffee and sits down.
"So where's my money?" He asks laughing.
"What's the money for?" I ask him with a challenging look on my face.
"You lost the bet."
"I did not." I say.
"You so did."
"You don't lay in bed with someone who you don't romantically like." He says after the short pause.
"Apparently I do. We're friends Max. You can have sleepovers with friends." I say.
"You're just fooling yourself y/n." Max says.
"Like I said before Max. Even if I did like him, it would be unprofessional and i don't want to make a bet out of this. We're talking about my feelings here, maybe even Lando's even though I don't think so haha." I say before I hear a sigh behind me. I turn around to see a disappointed look on Lando's face. I see Max's head shoot up looking at Lando too.
"You guys like making bets about stuff like that? Okay, good to know I guess." He says leaving me quit shocked.
"We were just joking mate." Max says.
"For the past 3 weeks?" Lando asks.
"It wasn't like that Lando, I promise." I say.
"I'm going out for breakfast." He says before putting on his shoes and grabbing his car keys. The door smashes closed which makes me and Max jump a bit.
"I told you so." I say looking up at Max.
"He'll turn around. Besides you already said that even if I truly wanted to make a bet about this you wouldn't agree on it. He's just dealing with a lot of emotions right now. His racing isn't going great at the moment and hes definitely developing feelings for you, he just doesn't know how to deal with all that." Max says.
"Do you think I should talk about it with him? About the developing feelings?" I ask Max.
"Yes, I think you should. You don't have to do anything with it afterwards if you don't want to but at least find out where you both stand. You guys have to work together for a long time." He answers.
"Yeah you're right. I'll leave him alone for now. I thought about leaving early for Australia. I'm probably gonna do that." I say.
"When will you leave?" He asks me.
"Tomorrow I guess. I'll have 3 days to explore the city a bit before media day. Are you joining Lando?" I ask.
"No but I'll be attending the Azerbaijan Grand Prix." He answers.
"I'm gonna go back to my hotel room. I'll let you know when exactly I leave." I say before putting on my shoes and closing the front door behind me.

Max goes back home in 2 days which probably means that Lando leaves for the Australian Grand Prix in 2 days. I start packing my luggage and put it in the hallway. After i'm finished I start doing my makeup and leave to grab some lunch. I don't really feel like going by myself so I decide to text Daniel and Thomas asking if they're still in Saudi Arabia.
I grab my coat and put in my earphones. It's a 10 minute walk and the weather is great so it doesn't bother me.

''Hellooo.'' I say happily after seeing Daniel sitting at the reserved tabel.
''Hey! How are you?'' He asks me. I think about it for a second but after all I decide to lie.
''I'm great. How are you? and where's Thomas?'' i ask.
''O he's on his way, I'm good btw.'' He smiles at me.
While waiting for Thomas we talk a bit about how the season is going so far and Daniel shares some crazy fan stories with me.
After about 25 minutes Thomas finally walks through the door which makes me roll my eyes. Not that I mind being alone with Daniel, I just think it's disrespectful to arrive so late.
''Hey guys, sorry i'm late, something at work came in the way.''
''Its okay.'' Daniel and I answer.
''Let's order something to eat cause i'm starving.'' I say before looking at the menu. We all decide on what we want to eat and place the order.
''So y/n how's work going? Are you enjoying it?'' Thomas ask me before taking a bite out of his sandwich.
''I bet she is.'' Daniel grins which make me give him a deathstare cause I know he's talking about Lando.
''I am actually. I'm still getting used to travelling so much in a short period of time but no I love it. Everything is going well, the team is great and I made some great new friends.'' I say before pointing at them letting them know I mean Daniel and Thomas with 'great new friends'. I receive a big smile from them both after my compliment. We as usual discuss the weekly work schedule and finish our lunch. Daniel tells me that he needs to be at the track in 30 minutes and I decide to go with him. We said our goodbyes to Thomas and I take place in Daniel's car. I connect my Spotify and Daniel and I immediately start singing.