chapter 32

I make my way over to Lando's garage and turn my head around the corner, so I can quickly check if Max is there. He is standing next to Lando. I walk over to him and tap him on his shoulder.
"Hey-" He stops being friendly when he notices ive been crying.
"What's wrong?" He says before taking me into his arms.
"They fired me." I cry into his arms. "I don't want to leave. I love this job. Or loved I guess."
"Omg. They can't do that." Max responds.
"Apparently they can. I really thought the work I delivered was great. The goodbye video turned out so beautiful." I say releasing me from Max his hug. "Right?" I ask looking up at Lando who is too stunned to speak.
"Never mind. I don't expect you to say anything." I say turning away, but when I feel like there's more I need to say I turn back. "You knew.. you knew and you didn't dare to tell me about it. I know we're on bad terms, but I definitely would've told you." I let out another tear and walk away. When I arrive at my office again I receive another email.

Dear Mrs Y/L/N,

This email is being sent to inform you that your resignation will take effect after this weekend. We expect that you will continue to carry out your duties this weekend. On Sunday after the race you will have to gather your things before leaving. Your work pass for access to the paddock and your office, etc. will automatically be stopped.

Greetings,
Ashley Miller
McLaren racing team.

I scoff when I read the email. I honestly don't even want to be here anymore. I just wanna pack my stuff now and leave.
I soon have to go back to reality and lead Daniel to the media pen. Normally these things don't belong to my duties, but because the employee that normally does this got pregnant, they asked me to do it. It is not a PR manager, but it comes close to it. I don't know what name they have, but they do have a fun job lol. I also don't know why they gave me these duties because I'm not trained for it, but Zak told me Daniel and Lando came up with the idea. I agreed, mostly because I love Daniel and Lando, but that's not the point. I see Charles enter the media pen and he winks at me. I smile back in response and I can tell by his change in facial expression, he notices that I cried. Damn those stupid puffy eyes. I mouth "later" to him and he nods.

"Ma Cherie. What is wrong?" He hugs me when I enter his drivers room.
"I don't want to cry again." I nervously laugh. "They fired me. I have to leave after this weekend." I say and his face turns into shock.
"No what?!" He says. "You have to work for Ferrari." He says and I laugh loudly.
"I can't do that Charles. It's okay. I'll find something else." I say and he lets go of me to look me in my eyes.
"Im serious Cherie."
"I couldn't Charles. I belong to McLaren. If I were to take another job in formula 1, it would be for McLaren. Thank you and I'm sorry, but I couldn't do that." I say and he takes me into his arms again.
"Let me know when you change your mind." He plants a soft kiss on the top of my head.
"I will." I respond.
Charles and I had lunch together and went back to work after that.
*ping*
I received a text from Lando.