chapter 35

Okay update time. It's the Grand Prix of Italy and the drivers are getting ready for the race. I always liked the Italian Grand Prix and that's why I decided to join. I must say that I feel weird wearing a VIP pass now instead of a employee pass. Lando and I had some talks with Zak and at first he didn't think it would be a good idea for me to become Lando's PR manager. He said it would be better if someone who wasn't Lando's 'outside of work friend' would become his pr manager, but after a lot of talks and speeches, he cave in. Lando said he insisted on me becoming his pr manager and after he told Zak that I was a great help with his mental health, he said I could do it. He had a tough talk with Lando's previous PR manager, but it worked out fine. I start after the Japanese GP, so I have to wear the vip pass for the next two races and then I'll go back to doing the thing I love the most.
Now on to Charles and I's relationship. It's okay I guess. Charles is still insanely jealous and I just can't get the whole we're just friends talk into his head. I understand his reactions to some situations, but it's just a bit annoying that he doesn't understand the situation im in. I'm starting a new job with functions that are completely new to me, so of course I've been at work a lot. I had a lot of meetings with the team, but also with Lando and let me tell you, Charles isn't taking it well. I'm really trying to spent every free minute with Charles, but he's just making it a bit hard for me. Every time we see each other he has to bring up Lando at least once. I'm just getting a bit tired of him not trusting me, because that is what it feels like.

The race starts in 20 minutes, so after wishing Charles good look and kissing him goodbye, I walked over to the McLaren garage and stood next to Max, waiting till the lights go out.
"I'm nervous about this one." I say to Max wiping my sweaty hands off on my jeans.
"You always say that." He laughs and so do I knowing he is right.
Charles is starting from pole with Max behind him. Lando was starting 7th and Daniel was starting 8th.

"It's lights out and away we go!" We hear again and Max and I go into our focus mode lol.
The start goes pretty well. Charles reacted right and made his way into turn 1. A couple of drivers shoot off the track, but soon find their way back. We're in lap 12 and sadly Vettel has to retire his car which causes a yellow flag. Virtual safety car has been called, but doesn't stay for too long. Lando pits on lap 36 and gets passed by Daniel, before having a small fight with Pierre. Lap 47 and that's where everything went wrong. A yellow flag pops up on the screen but we can't see why yet. After a short second it's becoming clear that Danny had to retire the car.
"Monza curse." I say to Max and he nods his head. Yes I strongly believe in these things lmao.
"F*ck man." He responds and I pull my hands through my hair out of frustration.
Safety car comes out again.
Everything written from now on is made up!
Charles exits the pit lane and comes out right behind Lando. I start biting my nails out of nervousness. I don't like to see them racing each other. I never know who to support. Lando is a bit faster than Charles because Charles's tyres still need to warm up a bit. After 2 laps he tries to attack but Lando defends well. Charles is pushing hard which makes him go into turn 4 with Lando. I am still biting my nails and holding Max's arm next to me. I watch Charles's hands on the steering wheel and when I see him turn left a bit too much I know this is it. And it is. Lando's right back tyre rolls over Charles's left back tyre, which makes Lando's car flip over. At first there is a lot of noise in the garage. You know the frustration noises they make when there's a DNF incoming. But as soon as we all watch Lando's car flip over and over, the whole garage went quiet. Hell everyone on the circuit went quite. I turn my head into Max's body scared to watch what happens next. I do however watch what happens next. I have to. When Lando's car lands upside down, tears start to form in my eyes. Sound returns to the garage, but not the good kind. The red flag has been waved and everyone returns to the pit lane, asking if Lando's okay. Nobody knows. I look over to the pit wall and when I see Zak's hands in his hair, I know this isn't good. He's not responding. I turn on my phone and watch the whole accident back. I watch Charles on board and I think it must've been 34 times that I watched it when I turn to Max.
"He did this on purpose..." I say feeling myself turn as white as a ghost.
"What?" Max says still in shock.
"He turned into Lando on purpose!" I say now crying. I run over to Zak.
"Send an ambulance on track. Driver is not responding." I hear Zak say and that's when it sinks in. He could be dead. Charles might've killed him.
"I'm going with him!" I strictly say behind Zak before he turns around to face me.
"You can't." He says.
"Yes I can. I'm his pr manager." I say and show Zak my phone.
"I should not be showing you this right now, but this is not something a 5 second penalty will fix." Zak takes my phone and watched the on board clip of Charles.
"Look at the hand movement closely. If you ask me he turned left a bit too aggressively, didn't he?" I say and Zak's shocking eyes look into mine. I return a sad and pleasing look.
"You have to let me go, Zak. No one has to know." I say with new tears rolling over my cheeks. He sighs and is really struggling with his decision right now.
"I'll go anyway. If I can't go with him in the ambulance, I'll get in my car right now and find him as soon as he's laying down in a hospital bed."
"You have to tell them you're his girlfriend." Zak says.
"I will!" I say and immediately run back to Max to grab my stuff.
"What do you think you're doing?!" I hear him say madly.
"I'm going with him. Grab your stuff and meet me there."
"You're not going with him."
"Yes I am. I discussed it with Zak."
"Your boyfriend might have killed him and you think you have the right to go with him right now?!"
"Give me a break, Max. Why do you think I'm doing all this. Taking vip passes for McLaren instead of Ferrari, taking the job, running over to his place as soon as he texts me saying he needs something from me, the on board clips and the fact that I'm going to the hospital with him right now." I say while tears stream down my face giving Max a second to take it all in. A really really small smirk grows on his face and I can tell I've said enough.
"I will always choose Lando, Max. And we both know that you were the first person to find that out." I say taking his hand.
"I'll meet you there." He says and I run over to the ambulances.
"I'm going with him. I'm his girlfriend." I say and the nurse sticks his hand out to me so I can get in.
When I look over at Lando, all I see is blood and I look back at the nurse in horror.
"We'll clean him up right now. It looks worse than it is. I promise."
"Has he been responding?" I ask with puffy eyes.
"No." The nurse says looking down at the ground.

Hello sweeties!! First of all, I am so sorry for the long wait. I've been on vacation for a while and I haven't been able to do anything with Wattpad while I was there🥲 anyways, thank you so much for still supporting my story and giving it so much love <3
I myself think I wrote quite a good chapter for my comeback lmao.
Enjoy and I'll keep uploading from now on.