chapter 15

I was getting ready for my date with Pierre, but honestly, I really did not want to go. I put on my dress and heels and made my way out of the building.

It was freezing but we all know that a jacket ruins an outfit like this

It was freezing but we all know that a jacket ruins an outfit like this. I waited outside for 15 minutes but when Pierre didn't show up I started to wonder if we didn't agree to meet up by the restaurant. I went back inside to get my car keys and drove to the restaurant we were supposed to go to. I went inside, took a seat and ordered a bottle of red wine.

Pierre didn't show up. I wasn't gonna go home now, so I ordered another bottle of wine and a steak to eat for dinner. When I finished my first bottle someone walked in that looked familiar from the back. He walked up to the desk to tell the waiter he made a reservation. A beautiful blonde girl walked behind and when he turned around, I almost fell off my chair. I knew the girl. It was Lando. He took the girl he met at the party the other day out for dinner. He looked at me and I tried my best not to cry. The shit he just pulled really stung. I wasn't gonna give him what he wanted tho so I just stayed. After about 10 minutes Max is standing in front of me all of a sudden.
''Get up. I am taking you home.'' He said and softly took me by my arm.
''No Pierre is on his way. He'll be here soon.''
Max gave me a look full of pity. ''Y/n he's not coming.''
''I told you he wasn't gonna show.''
Anger flew through my body and I find myself standing right in front of Lando's table. I couldn't speak. He looked at me and before I know it tears start to form in my eyes. I quickly walk away hoping he didn't notice.
Max stops me on my way out. ''Here are the keys. Go sit in the car. I opened your favourite playlist.'' Max says and gives me a sweet smile.

Lando's POV:
I knew to which restaurant she was gonna go so I made a reservation too. It was supposed to go differently tho. I knew Pierre wasn't gonna show, so I was supposed to go instead so she wouldn't feel too bad about the situation. Aliyah texted me asking if I had plans and I decided to take her to the restaurant with me. Why? I don't know myself. To make y/n jealous I guess. When I walked in and I saw her sitting there she looked more beautiful than ever. She was already a bit drunk tho. I could tell by the way she reacted to me. I sat down and kept an eye on her. I felt bad. I really did, but I wasn''t gonna let her know. After a while Max walked in and I knew shit was about to go down. She walked over to me before walking out and I swear I saw tears in her eyes. I shifted in my chair. I wanted to run after her and tell her how much I actually like her. I didn't. Max told her to sit in the car and walked over to me.

''Really man? This is the way you wanna play it?''
''Let's talk when I am back shall we? I'm in the middle of a date.''
Max got a grin on his face and I knew exactly what he was gonna do.
''You can't take her home tho. Emily is still at your place.'' And away Aliyah was. Max laughed and took her seat.
''You're a douchebag.'' I say to him,
''No you are. What the fuck is your problem? You're really gonna let your jealousy take control of you?''
''I am not jealous. She just happend to be at the same restaurant.''
''Lando, please stop. You're ruining a great friendship don't you realise that?'' He asks making me look down at my plate.
I stay silent and take a sip of my drink. I saw Max's eyes widen and turned around to see what he was looking at.
''Can we please go now? I really wanna go to bed.'' Y/n says with her eyes all red and puffy. Max gave me one last look, telling me to get up and make this all right. I stayed in the restaurant till they closed.

Your POV:
''I am so sorry, y/n.'' Max says.
''It's fine. Honestly.'' I say before pausing for a minute. ''How is he gonna get home?'' I ask Max.
''You're still worrying about him? He treated you like shit all day.''
''I'm not worried.'' I answer.
''Omg why do you both have to make this so fk hard. Just tell him how you feel. I don't care if you guys leave it at a one night stand but atleast tell him something.'' Max says out of the blue.
''Leave me alone.'' I say and turn the volume up.
I really did not want to talk about Lando anymore. I was done taking his shit. We are nothing more than colleagues at this point. Working for him is fine by me but I am not going to act like I'm his friend while doing so.
''Look I didnt mean it like that, but you know he acts like this out of jealousy right?''
''He is aloud to act like this Max. Do I like it? Not one bit. Am I going to stop seeing Pierre? Yes, but not because of Lando's so called "jealousy".'' I say laughing at my own comment.
''You're going to let him get away with this?'' Max asks talking about the whole Pierre situation.
''You think I didn't text him already?'' I laugh and so does Max.
''Wanna hangout?'' Max asks me. ''He won't be home until late.''
I think about it for a second. ''Yeah sure but let me get dressed into something more comfortable first.''

After a 5 minute drive we arrived and I went upstairs to change.