10

"Hn?" "When I say fun, this is what I mean."

Dion has steadily and slowly come closer to Akira.

Slowly until their faces were almost touching each other.

However, Akira turned his head and moved slightly.

He then looked and stared directly at the navy blue eyes, seemingly looking for something in them.

"What do you think you're doing?" Akira asked blankly.

"Nothing." Dion replied and hastily stood up.

Akira watched as Dion left the living room without saying anything.

When the other's fleeting figure disappeared from his sight, Akira quietly laid his head on top of the chair and covered his face with his shoulder.

Before long, Akira snapped his eyes open and stared at the ceiling. It was as if nothing had just happened. He was back to his usual calm and collected self.

He settled on the chair, and he took a closer look around the room silently. It was small but cozy. The walls were painted a light brown, and a small bookshelf stood in the corner, filled with books of different genres. A small sofa was placed by the wall, and a coffee table stood in the center of the room, littered with papers and a few books.

But what really caught his curiosity was the fact that no one else seemed to be living in this house aside from Dion.

Does Dion have no family?

Is he living his life alone? Without anyone in this kind of world, who can he rely on?

Dion seemed to be a really content person. It's as if it's really been a while and he's become accustomed to his current life.

Akira frowned at his own thoughts, shaking his head, and decided to wait for Dion.

Meanwhile, in another room, a shadow figure appeared behind Dion, who was getting dressed.

"Your Highness," the shadow said, bowing down.

Dion turned his head. There is only coldness spreading across his face. He didn't reply and just remained silent.

"Your majesty has asked for your presence," the shadow continued.

The coldness deepened. It's seeping out from Dion, and it made the shadow figure quiver in its place.

"Do tell him to give me more time. I already found the perfect tool for 'that'." He spoke coldly. Brushing his hair gently.

The shadow figure glanced up one more time before nodding his head and disappearing in an instant.

Navy blue eyes glinted dangerously at the floor before looking up to stare at the only door in the room.

"...."

---------

"Aki, aren't you hungry?"

"No." "By the way, let's talk about the reason—"

"What do you like?" "I'm a good cook; I can cook for you!"

"Dion, please hear me out."

"I see! I'll tour you around the area!"

Akira sighed for the umpteenth time. He stared at Dion, who had been keeping his distance from him ever since he came back from getting dressed.

Dion has been interrupting him for a while now, and it's starting to get on his nerves.

Akira sensed something was wrong, but it was wrong of him to meddle in someone else's life problems.

He can only silently observe and listen to others.

It was supposed to be like that, but Dion was someone he couldn't turn a blind eye to.

Again, he softly sighed. He stood up and went close to Dion.

"You keep avoiding me; is there something wrong?" Akira asked bluntly.

Dion looked up, widening his eyes in surprise.

"No, there was nothing."

"Then you'll let me continue, right?"

"...Yes"

"Good. Now to sum up everything." "I was assigned a task by the headmaster of the academy to assist you and take care of your first week here in the kingdom."

"...."

"We'll now be in each other's care. Moreover, I will also be your roommate from now on. I'm Akira Argyros. It was nice meeting you."

After introducing himself, he went back to his seat and then went to look into Dion's eyes directly.

Dion was also looking at him, and his expression never changed.

"I see! What a nice coincidence! I never thought we would be able to see each other again in this way! I also can't believe we're tied together from now on! I'm so happy, Aki!"

Dion exclaimed happily, while Akira furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Did he just hear him wrong? Or did Dion really say that?

'I also can't believe we're tied together from now on!'

Akira shook his head and looked away from Dion. Maybe Dion didn't mean it 'that' way," and it was just his own misinterpretation.

"Aki, let's go on a date!"

"Hmm?, okay--HUH?"

"Let's go!"

Akira finds himself being carried out of the house by the excited Dion before he can react.

"Where are we going?"

"Secret"

"Aren't I the one who's supposed to take you around?"

"But I'm the one who knows that place."

Akira grimaced.

He only sighed softly and stared at their intertwined hands.

When he was about to withdraw his hand, Dion tightened his hold. Confused, Akira looked up and frowningly glared at the person before him.

"Hey, let go."

"No. "You'll get lost."

"I'm not a kid."

"I know"

"then?"

"If I let go of this hand, you will leave me again."

"?!" "What do you-- ah"

Akira was about to ask what Dion meant by his words when he suddenly recalled what had happened last night. He quickly froze in place and slowly looked away in guilt.

"About that, I left you alone last night." "I hope you can forgive me for that."

Dion turned around to see Akira scratching his cheeks lightly, guilt visibly written on his pretty, frail face. He took a deep breath, afraid his breath would be taken away by the sight before him.

He then looked away, and Akira heard him chuckle. Akira frowned deeply; he couldn't help but feel a deep sense of embarrassment washing over him. His face grew hot, and he looked down, trying to hide the blush that had crept up on his cheeks.

'Shit! Shit! Shit!' Akira thought, cursing himself over and over.

"I'm just kidding!" Dion said with a smile, letting go of his hold on Akira's hand.

Akira hastily lifted his head to cast an accusatory glance at Dion for deceiving him, but he was left frozen in place when his eyes caught a glimpse of four familiar people wandering around.

Akira's eyes even meet the scarlet ones out of the four figures.

"AKIRA!"

One of the four shouted his name when they found him.