Chapter 15

The ill gossips about Dion's origins cause so much turmoil among the students and even among professors. I can even see plainly how the professors give him a look of contempt, each time they laid their eyes on him.

I can only sigh inaudibly and gave them a cold stare too, which I found amusing since my cold demeanor seemed to affect them that much. Looking away from Dion and me, scaredly.

As classes ended that very day, I dragged Dion towards the headmaster's office.

"Headmaster, come out," I called out softly. I let both of us sit down on the couch. I noticed Dion's gaze on me until we both glanced at the darker part of the office, where Grandpa slowly appeared out of it.

"How's your vacation?"

It's the first thing he asked from me as soon as his eyes met mine. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's fine, of course. However, I have more important things to ask of you."

I sighed softly, turning my head to look at Dion before turning back to Grandfather. "The rumors. I want to know about them."

"Ho, Ho, Ho," Grandpa only laughs, which makes me slightly give him a look of confusion.

"It's a rumor about the one sitting next to you. Why are you seeking the truth from me?" Grandpa smiled softly.

His remarks initially surprised me. I glanced at Dion again. Meeting Dion's warm eyes towards me. As if something tugs at my heart that seems to melt anything.

"I'm not seeking the truth, but the root of the rumors," I said firmly.

I got up and walked towards the headmaster.

I could see the surprise on Grandpa's face before a chuckle escaped from his lips. "Of course. I expected it, but it still surprises me."

I stared at him in puzzlement. I had no idea what he was talking about. "You've changed." One sentence from him made me freeze entirely.

My eyes widen a bit, and my lips part in shock. 'What does he mean? ', I thought.

Grandpa turned around before I could ask him about what he meant by those words. "I am only a headmaster. I cannot change the course of the events that are happening outside this office. The only thing I can do to help you is that."

I held my breath. Granpa's tone of voice changed, as did the aura around him. I gulped unconsciously.

"The rumors started with that one person. It's someone you know."

"...Who?"

Dion's cold voice made me snap out of my deep shock. Dion got up and stood behind me, his eyes set on Granpa.

Grandpa only turned his head away from us.

"I cannot tell," he said.

"Why? Dion is a transferee, a student of this academy too. Is he also your responsibility? He has the right to know who started the bad rumors about him."

We waited for Grandpa's response, but we didn't get any. Only silence.

It's a long silence. Until Dion broke it.

For some unknown reason. Dion placed his hand on my head, which made me turn to him and give him a questioning look.

"Can you wait for me outside? I'll talk to him alone," he said in the softest tone possible. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but I still decided not to argue anymore. I nodded my head, and he took me out of the office. I stood outside and watched as he closed the door before me, taking a small sight of Grandpa turning his head in my direction from the inside before the door closed fully.

I leaned on the wall next to it. My heart keeps beating anxiously, as if something bad is bound to happen.

-Third's point of view-

"How's the academy so far?" The headmaster asked.

Dion sat down on the couch, leaning on it, and crossed his legs, his cold eyes staring at the old man in front of him.

"It's as you described."

"Ho, ho, ho," the old man laughed. "You sure are cold, the same as ever," he continued. Dion rolled his eyes.

"And so are you, Master."

A shocking revelation. The headmaster is Dion's master. the one who taught him magic. 

"Ho, ho, ho."

Dion furrowed his eyebrow. "The rumor. I want to know who started it, Master," he straight-forwardly pointed out.

However, just like before, the old man can only keep his silence. The smile on his face wavered a bit. "Like I said earlier, I cannot tell you. So, Dion, I am warning you. Keep Akira by your side. Protect him at all costs."

Dion finally frowned deeply, his hands clenching into fists. "What do you mean? Are they targeting Akira?"

"No. Their target is you."

"If it's me, isn't it more dangerous for Aki?"

"You can protect yourself. Akira can't. You already know what I meant since you've been with him for the past week."

Dion gritted his teeth. "Are they targeting him too?"

"No. However, you'll know the reason once you find the culprit." The headmaster stood up. He started walking towards the darkness—the darker side of the room.

"The events are slowly changing, as is the fate of everyone. You should hurry up and... remember."

The headmaster vanished as soon as he said those words, which left Dion speechless and deep in thought. Veins started appearing on his forehead. He can feel his mind raging with so much anger.

He can only calm himself down. "...remember?" The last word echoed in his mind.

He stared at the darkness—the place where the old man vanished. He was perplexed.

"What does he mean by remember?.... what should I need to remember?" He asked in so much coldness.

Dion made a cold sigh. He got up and slowly walked towards the door, where his precious thing was waiting for him. A small smile appeared on his face. He opened the door, and his eyes immediately looked for Akira.

However, his smile vanished. His gaze darkened.

His precious thing is now pinned to the wall by a piece of blonde trash.

Akira was trying to struggle out of Khalid's grip.

"Let go of him, you bastard!" Dion's eyes became crimson red. A black smoke appeared in his hand. He lifted Khalid off the ground, which caused him to let go of his grip on Akira. The black smoke now surrounding Khalid sent him off the other wall with a loud thud.

"Ah." Akira's eyes widened.