Chapter 7- The Moon Blade

Alaric then looked at me and replied, "Yes but none of us were gonna go down without a fight."

"They pretended that they were transporting us to the Trench, so they took us near that Creek, closest to the Trench.", Alaric added.

"The same place where Sky and I were waiting to ambush the Madmen during the first Blood moon", I explained to Andrea.

"Ok... then what happened?", Andrea asked.

"As you know, that place has always been abandoned, so it was a perfect place to try to kill us.", I spoke.

"The Council members including our dearest mates and Xayden attacked us, using their magic. We were already chained and bound with anti magic cuffs, so that we are unable to defend ourselves.", Alaric explained.

"What the hell?? But how the hell was Xayden able to do any magic at all? Didn't you already steal his golden core?", Andrea asked me.

Before I could answer, Alaric answered for me,
"No, this idiot friend of mine, loved his brother more than necessary to even realize how evil his own brother could be! This idiot didn't steal his all of Xayden's magic. He let his brother keep around 15-20% of it. So as you can guess, naturally within couple of decades, Xayden would be able to do magic again."

I wanted to glare at Alaric but then again he was right. I was an idiot to think that my brother had even a strand of goodness and humanity left in him.

"Wait... if I'm understanding it correctly then, even after retaining some amount of magic in his soul, he would require a couple of decades to full do any magic right?", Andrea asked.

I nodded. Though I already knew what her next question will be.

"Then how the hell, Xayden managed to do any offensive magic? As it requires way more magical energy than defensive magic....", Andrea asked us.

Alaric and I, instantly turned our heads and looked at Azireah.

"Am I missing something here?", Andrea asked, looking confused, while looking at each of us.

Honestly I'm feeling really bad for my mate right now... She was always the one to know everything and be one step ahead of others but right now, the only expression she has is of confusion.

Azireah sighed.

"It's because of Serafine that Xayden was able to use his magic.", Azireah spoke.

"Huh? Why would she help him? How would she even be able to do that?", Andrea asked her.

"Remember the blessed Moon Blade that Alaric just told you about?
Well, we didn't know that the Moon Blade had the ability to store magic as well. The night before the coronation when Xayden and Xander, you remember that Serafine met Xayden in the garden at night, right?", Azireah asked Andrea.

She nodded a yes.

"Since weeks, Xayden had been pretending to be Xander and used dark magic to make Serafine believe that he was Xander. Whenever he would meet her, he would use compulsion on her and ask her to bring forth the Moon Blade. Everytime he would kill and steal another's golden core, he would seal them inside the Moon Blade. So half of the golden cores he stole from others, he retained them within himself while rest he would hide and seal them within the Moon Blade, as a contingency plan.", Azireah explained.

"Ok..", Andrea muttered while seeming deeply engrossed in the story.

"So, after Xander stole most of his magic, Xayden somehow freed himself from the chains and looked for Serafine. Since he was too weak, his compulsion wouldn't have worked on her, so he asked her to show the Moon Blade. A request that she accepted. As soon as the Moon Blade appeared, he grabbed her hand and pierced himself with the Moon Blade.", Azireah continued.