Chapter 10- The Betrayal

*Yes and no. There's more to that. Be patient, you will get to know everything eventually.*, Azireah replied.

Hesitantly, I decided to wait for the whole scene to play out first.

Within a few seconds, Xander emerged from the same direction that Xayden had come from.

But the scene that surprised me was Xayden was kissing Serafine and she was kissing him back as well. Xander watched the scene of his own twin brother kissing his mate, in sheer horror and heartbreak.

Then as if he couldn't take it anymore, he snapped. It looked like he called forth all of his magical energy to attack them while walking towards the spot they were standing on.

As soon as he almost reached them, he was ready and about to attack. When all of a sudden, he stood still for a second.

*Huh?! Why did he stop at the last minute?*, I turned to Azireah and asked her.

*You couldn't see the sword that went right through his stomach?*, Azireah replied while pointing a finger at Xander.

I followed her line of sight and realized that indeed there was sword piercing through his stomach. But what shocked me even further is that it wasn't Xayden who stabbed him. Rather it was his own mate Serafine who did that.

Tears streamed down my face seeing my mate in such a condition. So I ran ahead to where they were standing and tried to help him but my hand went right through him, as if I was a ghost.

*It's just a memory, Andrea. There is nothing you can do to help him.*, Azireah spoke while putting a pause on the memory.

I turned back to look at her. After a few seconds of trying to calm myself, I asked her to resume the memory. I need to be calm and see the whole thing. It is a memory afterall which is playing in front of my eyes like some virtual reality scene.

I took a few steps back and the memory started playing again.
Xander looked at his mate as his heart shattered looking at her betrayal.

"Why?! Why would you do this?", he asked as he took a few steps back, trying to put some distance between them.

"Why do you think she did this Xander? Obviously she choose the better brother!", Xayden replied.

"SHUT UP XAYDEN! She can't betray and break our the mate bond like that!", Xander replied.

Why is he still trying to find a genuine reason as to why she stabbed him! How naive! Even his past self was so trusting.

"You both are twins! Is there even any difference between you two? It doesn't matter if I choose either of you", Serafine replied.

Hearing her reply. He staggered back even more. Damn if he takes another step, he will fall down the waterfall.

"B-but you were supposed to be my mate. The one made by the Moon Goddess, specially for me!", Xander spoke in a ragged voice.

"Just accept the fact that she doesn't want you, Xander!", Xayden shouted.

"Accept the fact that I was fucking betrayed by my own brother and mate!", Xander replied.

"Says the one who betrayed me first!", Xayden spoke as he walked past Serafine towards Xander.

"If you wouldn't have betrayed me and broken my trust in the first place, we wouldn't even be here! I would not have the need to go and steal your mate if you didn't steal my golden core!", Xayden spoke as he caught Xander by the neck.

Xander struggled against his grip but still managed to almost over power him, when Xayden pushed the Shadowis Sword even further in.

Xander howled in pain. It seemed like he wanted to shift into his wolf but somehow the magic of the Sword didn't let him.