Chapter 16- The Mystery named Ilya Volkov

I finally woke up from my dream to find myself on my bed. I looked down to notice the source of that searing pain. Turns out, I was actually stabbed in my stomach with a dagger. Despite the pain, I removed the dagger out of me.

Before I could use magic to instantly heal myself, I felt someone's presence to my right side near the balcony in my room. I quickly held the dagger in a defensive stance as I looked in that direction.

There indeed was someone hiding behind the balcony curtains.

"Who the hell are you?! SHOW YOURSELF!", I demanded.

"Geez! Chill, I'm not here to hurt you!", a familiar voice spoke as he walked out from behind the curtains while raising his hands up, in an attempt to show that he means no harm.

As soon as he came into the light, I was finally able to see his face clearly.

"ILYA???!", I shouted.

"Shush, keep it low. Yes, it's me. Nice to meet you too, Princess.", Ilya replied with a smirk and a courtesy bow.

"Wow, you're actually alive!", I spoke in complete shock.

"Ugh yeah, would you have rather preferred for me to be dead?", he replied in a slightly annoyed tone.

"I rather meant to say, what the fuck are you doing here?", I asked him, as he slowly approached towards my bed.

"Well, you were the one who sent someone to look for me.", he replied as he stopped near the corner of my bed.

"Yeah, because I doubted that you maybe alive but what I am asking you right now is how the hell did you get in here?!", I asked.

"Oh, it's one of my many talents. You should know that by now.", he replied nonchalantly.

Thankfully due to wolf healing, my wound had almost healed. So I sat up on my bed. But it wasn't completely healed so standing up was still difficult. Still I tried to do so despite the pain.

"Don't exert yourself too much, Princess. Your wound hasn't healed yet." He spoke as he tried to come closer as if trying to help me.

But I quickly raised the dagger in my hand towards him as a warning.

"Firstly, I already told you, I'm not here to harm you! Secondly, that's actually my dagger in your hand right now . And lastly, you are my mate's sister-in-law afterall, I would never hurt you ", He explained.

"Hey! I don't know if you are partially blind with some selective memory issue but you fucking stabbed me in my stomach!", I snapped at him.

"Yes, to wake you up!", he explained.

"Can't you fucking wake someone up, without stabbing them, just like a normal person does?!", I snapped back at him.

"Not like I didn't try that already! There was a magical field around you to prevent you from waking up anytime soon!", he tried explaining.

"Why would anyone do something like this? That too in my own home?", I questioned him.

"I don't know about that but I know a magical field when I see one. Maybe someone didn't want you to wake up and find out whatever the hell they are upto, behind your back", he answered.

I was to snap back again at him, when Seph mindlinked to me,
*Andrea, wait. I think he's telling the truth. Plus he's got a point. There is a spy among our ranks too.*

"See, atleast someone agrees with me.", Ilya replied while pointing at me, possibly agreeing with Seph.

Wait, how did he-...
Oh right, how did I forget that he somehow possesses the ability to hear my wolf!