Chapter 12- Back to the Present

I woke up a few hours later in my room at the Pack House. I noticed that Sky and Kathreen were sleeping at my bedside on chairs.

I tried to quietly sit up and climb out of the bed but I felt extremely weak to even sit up straight. My movements seemed to wake Sky and he quickly helped me to sit up. Kathreen soon woke up as well.

As soon as she saw me up, she quickly threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly while tears escaped her eyes.

"You're finally awake! I was so scared when you fainted like that. I thought maybe they did something to you!" She spoke as she wept.

I hugged her back and then pulled back to look at her in the eye.

"I am fine Kath. I didn't faint back then. I was just too exhausted and soon fell asleep, probably like a log.", I replied back as a small smile spread on my face.

"You really gave me a heart attack today! I don't know what I would have done if anything had happened to you. Don't you dare do that ever again, got that?" She replied.

I slowly nodded. She hugged one more time and then moved back to sit on the chair again. I was relieved to finally be able to breathe properly again, since she hugged me too tightly and I wasn't able to breathe because of it.

However, my happiness was short lived as I was pulled into another tight, suffocating hug by Sky. I quickly tapped on arm to let go because his hug was more suffocating because of his insane Vampiric strength.

He quickly understood and pulled back and spoke, "Sorry, I didn't realize. I'm just glad that you are fine and back"

"It's ok. Yeah, me too!", I replied.

"So what happened there? Are you truly ok? I mean, you just saw your mate die yesterday and then the world's biggest demon took the same face as his...", Sky asked.

My eyes widened a bit as I remembered that they still think Xander's dead and that General Kirigan only took the guise of my dead mate.

Seeing my reaction, Kathreen elbowed Sky in the rib and whispered in anger, "Way to go, Sky. She just woke up. She's extremely tired and weak and the first thing you do is remind her of her mate's death and the events of last night."

Sky's eyebrows shot up as he realized his stupidity and he cursed under his breath.

"It's ok, Kath. It is not something that I could forget either.", I replied.

Then turned to Xander and spoke, "I am fine, really. It will take time for me to get over the fact but we do have more important and urgent matters at hand right now. Hence, I cannot waste time grieving about something that was prophesied long back. Anyways, to answer your question, I don't really know what happened after he kidnapped me and went through the portal."

They both looked at me confused and both asked at the same time, "What do you mean?"

"Well, my memory after we entered the portal is a blur. I cannot recall anything that happened there. The only thing I remember is that after we walked into the portal, there was a feeling I got as I felt my spiritual energy leaving my body. That is why I was shocked when you mindlinked to me, Kath.", I explained.

"So you have no recollection of anything that happened there?", Kathreen asked.

I shook my head.

"Seems like Kirigan used some old spell to seal her spiritual energy for some time and distort her memory. And from what I recall, a spell as such did exist in the ancient times. However any such spell had been long forbidden by the Supernatural Council so it seems natural for him to know such an evil forbidden spell.", Sky replied.