IV

He thought he was a strange man. That is, Cale Henituse.

Choi Han thought he was beautiful when he first saw him. His eyes were reddish brown, and his skin was pale with a blush tint.

His eyes, however, were sad and distant.

His eyes never met with his smile.

It was fake and melancholy.

Choi Han didn't say anything, but he couldn't possibly ignore him. He couldn't take his gaze away from him. Was it a pity? Or was it due to similarities?

In fact, he knew that this person was just a lonely person, just like he was when he first arrived here. The gaze of emptiness. Those forced smiles.

He may be an idiot, but he has never lied about his emotions.

The desire to protect screams through his entire being.

As he waited for their adversaries, he noticed the brown head. He had no idea what he was doing, but he believes this man was acting for a reason. That was how it felt. That seemed to appeal to him. Choi Han is willing to follow a trustworthy man.

When the loud explosions rang through the air, they remained silent for a few moments. At the crack of dawn, the place was packed with black men. Everything was trashed, and everything was razed to the ground. Choi Han stood there staring at the brownhead, waiting for him to move. His prediction came true. Cale's solemn expression gave him chills. His heart thumped so loudly that he could feel the excitement of battle.

Everything is on fire again.

It was like that until a bright white light engulfed the area. Choi Han instinctively covered his eyes, but when he opened them, the brownhead was gone. Cale had already attacked the white-masked man. Cale's sword-wielding technique was stunning. It was as if he was dancing to the beat of his adversary.

Cale's gaze seemed to see right through the battle.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!?"

However, the brown head did not respond. He thrust his sword, and a beautiful black and red mana surged forward. It pierced the masked man's defenses and caused a wound on his face. The masked man's left eye was bleeding.

Black mana began to erupt loudly, but Cale, who had the white little thing in his palm, gazed at him with a bored expression.

"You—!"

Choi Han defended Cale. His useless sword was able to stop the powerful attack from the masked man. He heard the man let out a strong laugh before he jumped away.

"To think someone knew what was going on in this place."

Choi Han looked at the man, but he was soon attacked by a swarm of black-robed men.

He defended himself, taking care not to inflict fatal wounds.

When the masked man's sword pierced through Cale's body, he was taken back. Before falling to the ground, the brown head smiled mockingly.

Choi Han experienced fear for the first time in his life. He locked his gaze on the white-masked man, who was very much alive and in the flesh. He made the grave error of believing his own biases, but who would ever believe that the aforementioned man would not kill someone? Living in peace and silence dulled his intuition and senses. Right now, his long-term residence has been completely destroyed by fire. Memories of years gone by flashed through his mind, the freshness of blood and the sacrifices.

Those memories...

The deaths...

That hatred...

"come on, little brownhead! Use that power and fight me! No one can fight me head-on! Come on! Let's dance amid this fight again!" The masked man laughed insanity and arrogance.