V

Deruth Henituse took a look around Harris Village. There were signs of a fight, but he wasn't there. Cale was last seen on his way up North, so he assumed he'd come here. He felt empty when he realized his son was not present.

The father-son butler and cook also left the county after Cale left.

However, he came to a halt when he noticed a bead with the Henituse Emblem on it.

As he gazed at the destroyed village, his heart trembled.

Cale came here... but where is he?

Deruth had many questions, but no one could answer them.

Is he safe? Is he hurt? It was dangerous.

He couldn't say anything.

"You were always there for me, and that's all I needed. Just you. For some reason, I didn't feel sad or broken up; it just didn't seem real. But slowly, I realized it was real - that you were gone, and I slowly felt something inside me go numb."

Is this what you were hoping for, Cale? Am I so cruel that you have to be crueler than me?

He bowed and pursed his lips. He collected himself and determined that he would see his son again soon.

"What I wished for destroyed my entire family; I brought all of this suffering down on my family because I made a wish for myself without knowing what Cale truly desired."

He regrets it. He regretted it. He should have talked to him that day instead of dismissing him pathetically.

Cale, in the end, I deserve this.

He will never despise Cale, no matter how much pain he causes him. He had every right to hurt him. But...

"I'd rather you hurt me physically than do this."

He's terrified of learning that Cale has left the world without him knowing.

He's afraid that he'd be left behind without telling Cale how much he's sorry and how much he loves him.

[***]

Cale groggily woke up. His body was numb, but it wasn't hurting. He touched the spot where the masked bastard stabbed him, and everything was healed. His body, cursed by time, was also cursed.

At the expense of his slowly deteriorating soul, he must regenerate and become accustomed to pain.

He will disappear like dust without leaving any trace of him.

"How can you still smile like that?" he asked, looking up to see Choi Han staring at him with such intensity.

"It's just that I'm happy," Cale said as he slowly sat up.

That even if he were to leave this world, no one would miss him.

Even if he vanished completely, no one will mourn his death.

Death isn't kind. As far as he can tell, it's dark and black. There isn't anyone else.

With the twilight shining on them, their shadows stretched out in the ground. Cale can smell winter as the wind becomes colder. The season will soon arrive in this town.

Cale was overjoyed to be able to gaze at the first snow flower of the year with someone.

I pray that these days will continue forever.

Cale smiled even wider and said, "This is the first time I've watched the first snowfall with someone."

Choi Han's eyes were a little teary. Cale's smile was genuine, innocent, and filled with pure happiness.