XIII

Alver let out a suffering sigh. He was still out of it from the banquet when he met the redhead trash and it's been days already! Somehow, he can't seem to reject him strongly. He felt even more nostalgic and regretful when the redhead shook his hand.

He had not expected to meet that man at all. He did not expect him to appear right in front of him at that time.

"What's wrong?" His aunt Tasha asked.

"I am not sure." He has no idea why he is feeling this way. Why is he so affected by the presence of someone he has just met? His saddened, resonating sigh echoed inside his room. His aunt left him, knowing he wanted to be alone. He began to brew tea to calm himself.

Someone entered his room through the window.

It's the day before the Grand Banquet at the Town Plaza, but Cale Henituse unofficially visited him in such an hour.

"It's a fine night, Your Highness." The redhead smiled at him. He had a bottle of white wine, one that Alver likes. He stopped heating some water and looked at the man who came to visit him.

The redhead casually walks in.

"I have something to discuss with you, Your Highness."

"With a bottle of wine?"

"If you don't want to, how about a pajama party?"

He's different. His expression and voice are different. It's difficult to tell whether he's messing around or here for serious business.

Alver didn't bother sitting down. He doesn't know why but he's wary of this man.

"Don't worry, your Highness. There's no need for you to be on guard around me. I came here to give you a chance to prove your worth." the redhead replied.

"Tomorrow, there will be an attack during the banquet ceremony." The redhead threw a piece of magic that hides someone in disguise. "Use it."

Alver looked at the amber-kissed necklace.

"It allows the wearer to use his magic without destroying their disguise."

"Disguise. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Believe me, your Highness. I know you better than you know yourself."

That frightened Alver Crossman. The confidence that Cale exuded while shamelessly walking into his territory with that smile and the guts to carry it out made him very wary of him.

"You are not giving this to me for nothing."

Cale smiled at him and said, "You have already paid the price, your highness."

.

.

Cale delivered the words he intended to say to this person.

"Cale Henituse..." Alver's firm tone was appropriate. Some trashy dude just walked inside and humiliated him. He can not help but smile naturally, just like he always does.

He will doubt me if I do not say anything to demonstrate his innocence.

"Your Highness, I have only one thought in mind."

"Speak."

Stern and serious as always.

Cale considers this nostalgic. He constantly nags and eventually becomes the stupidest person. He would wear a frown and laugh the second he found something amusing. Most of all, he always had that dying expression whenever he was doing paperwork.