𝟬𝟰

Leif kept a firm hold on Sephora's little hand as he led them closer to the village, the sound of people chatting and advertising products on the streets evidently getting louder and louder. Sephora gulped and tightened her hold on Haechi, she slightly nervous about what to expect. Her expression was neutral as she simply followed his lead. She was rather surprised at how calm Leif was, he seemed rather confident in his steps and looked behind himself a few times just to make sure Sephora was managing the walk fine. She was four years-old after all and they aren't necessarily known for having great stamina.  They then walked between two buildings which lead them to one of the busiest part of Meadowbrook, a place where most common folk dwelled in the nation of Esteria. Sephora got distracted while walking and accidentally ran into the young boys back, bumping her head in the process.

"Ow..." Leif stiffened briefly at the collision before turning around, seeing Sephora rubbing her forehead with Haechi simply looking up at her. "You should watch were your going." Haechi said before patting Sephora's chin with his paws, she could hear nothing but sarcasm and sympathy dripping from his words which annoyed her a little. "Really why didn't I think of that?" She said as she rolled her eyes, Haechi chuckled as the duo turned their gaze back to Leif who was currently stretching out his hand towards Sephora in an attempt to pat her head. Silence fell on the three as three imaginary dots pended on top off them. The silence then broke as a chuckle erupted from the young boy as his palm remained on her head, Sephora simply looking up at him with a neutral face but her eyes full of awe at the scene before her. "Your always bumping into things Seele..." He said as he retracted his arm to his side and Sephora simply kept staring at him with her large amber eyes. 'What the fuck just happened.' 

"Language." Haechi said in a scolding manner in a response to her thoughts. Leif was slightly puzzled at her reaction as it seemed she was spacing out for a bit, the only indication of her not being equivalent to a statue was the blinking of her eyes and the small rise and fall of her chest. "Seele... Sephora?" The boy said cautiously as he waved his hands in front of her face, trying to get some sort of response in return, normally Sephora would just pout at such things he did. "Huh!?" Sephora then jolted from his gesture before stumbling a few steps back, this only confused Leif more. "Is everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah! I just..." She said before frantically looking around for some sort of excuse, she didn't want to let him know that she was actually completely caught off guard. Her gaze then landed on his cheek before she could finish the rest of her sentence. "...There's something on your cheek!" She lied as Haechi deadpanned at the situation at hand. Leif then became embarrassed at this revelation as he started to wipe his cheeks with his sleeve, hopefully getting the said stain off. "D-Did I get it?" He asked innocently which only made Sephora feel nothing but guilt, she couldn't even look at Leif in the eye. "Look what you did to the poor boy, he can barely speak." Haechi said as he felt the tiniest bit of sympathy. "Shut up." Sephora then rummaged through her brain, trying to think of a why to make the boy less nervous, she wasn't the best with children which was clearly evident. "Small kids like hugs right!? Yeah I'll just do that and then we can all forget this ever happened.

She lifts her head to look at Leif again, his head lowered as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Sephora then let out a sigh before walking towards the boy with her arms stretched out and her eyes closed. Leif noticed her coming closer and before he could say anything he had already been embraced into a warm but awkward hug as he felt her clinging around her waist. His arms hung in the air as he simply looked down at her, the sound of people moving in the background being the only noise surrounding them. "W-What is this for?" He asked with a tilted head while Sephora felt that she was ready to dig her own grave and never return. 'Why isn't he hugging me back!?' Her little heart was racing in panic as she tried to find the right words to say. "Because you needed one...?"