𝟬𝟲

To avoid confusion!!!

oh, that's not- : Telepathy
'oh, that's not-' : Personal Thoughts
"oh, that's not-" : Spoken Out Loud

𝗔 𝗙𝗘𝗪 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡, the odd sensation of being seen and cared for so frequently taking its time to properly digest into her system, nether the less she accepted each gesture and word with open arms. The scheduled kisses on her forehead from her doting mother every morning before she was left in Sylvia's care to the handmade toys and gifts she received due to their current living circumstances. Even though she was indeed mentally an adult and has experienced the luxuries of living under a wealthy hand, she couldn't help but to let a genuine smile grace her lips every time with a childish giggle. To her knowledge, it seems there was no man present in either her or Leif's life, both where taken care off by capable and loving women ready to aid any need or want they had, well almost all that such a life could give them access to. However they lived fairly stable lives, a warm meal every evening, a steady roof over their heads and clothes appropriate for each specific season throughout the year. However, deep down she couldn't call this a happy ending for any of them. She felt that there were too many missing puzzle pieces in order to see the full picture clearly but, the real question was, is it best that they remained missing?

As of now, Sephora and Leif were out in town as usual with Haechi still in tow. The young boy always in charge of their whereabouts, well most of the time. "Look Leo! A duck!" The small redhead exclaimed before running over to get a closer look, the further she got the quieter the call of her name to slow down got. "Slow down, with how clumsy you are you might fall in Seele." Leif spat once he was by the Sephora's side once more who awkwardly smiled before chuckling nervously, however this was brief as her eyes earnestly watched the ducks swim with what seemed to be duckling trailing closely behind. "Can we feed them? Please please please!" She asked as she suddenly felt a bit restless, it's her first time seeing ducks in this new life of hers. She used to feed ducks on random Wednesdays in her previous life and found joy in the activity. Leif looked at her with a raised brow, he has gotten used to her sudden outbursts of enthusiasm, the relaxation of her brows and the small pout of her lips emphasizing how large she could make her eyes appear, however, giving into her demands this time came with shortcomings. As he looked into his worn-out satchel only a compass, two small loaves of bread and a rock Sephora deemed pretty were seen. "We don't have enough to do that." He said as he closed his satchel again and looked at the girl once more, witnessing how her pout only grew stronger.

But the ducks, what if they haven't eaten in days? She thought as the image of starving ducks, a stark contrast to what the ducks before them actually looked like, popped into her head. It doesn't seem like you understand the ways of nature pretty well... She simply sighed at Haechi's comment, not in the mood to entertain his backhanded ways of talking. However, to her surprise, a loaf of bread was now hoovering right in front of her which caused her to look up at the culprit, waiting for an explanation. In her line of vision was Leif, looking hesitant yet sure of himself at the same time. "We can just go home early today if you really wish to feed them..." He said with a voice that faded near the end. She felt as her eyes widened briefly in response, why did she feeling the slightest bit of guilt, he was just trying to ensure their survival for today's exploration a few moments ago, sure her request was a rather sudden but she didn't expect him to give in willingly this time. 'He is rather easy to persuade nowadays, even for his age.' She thought before slowly taking the loaf of bread from his hand, making sure to give him a good smile to show her gratitude as she simply shrugged off her previous trail of thought. She decided it's best not to overthink things for now, to have the natural mindset of a child in order avoid suspicion and for the sake of relaxing for once. This was a fresh start for her, why ruin it quickly, a mental break wouldn't harm anyone around her anyways.