Chapter 77

"I am hungry."

Arthdal repeated his words and kept wandering into the kitchen.

"I'm not urging you."

Arthdal, who was looking at me with his hands behind his back, preemptively denied my complaint. Anyone who saw him could tell that he was urging me. I swallowed the words that had reached the end of my throat.

"Then please wait patiently. It's annoying and I can't concentrate, so please get out of my sight."

"Am I, am I bothering you?"

"You are. Please get out of the way. Right now."

Arthdal just mumbled in bewilderment and quietly moved out of sight as I picked up a well-sharpened stone knife.

He sat in front of the fireplace and quietly waited for the meal to be ready.

"Please, please do not offend Lady Margaret. What if she leaves?"

Ruzef, who was next to him, repeatedly criticized him.

"We cannot survive on this island without Lady Margaret."

Is he a Margaret devotee or what...... As annoying as Arthdal was, I glared at Ruzef's profile instead of skinning the rabbit.

"I am not omnipotent, Archbishop. I think you're mistaken that I know how to do everything......"

"Don't you?" Ruzef looked at me with a puzzled face and asked back. "You know how to do everything, don't you?"

"That's not true! That's a misunderstanding, don't say something so misleading. This guy! I'm cutting the carotid artery to drain the rabbit and long-tailed bird's blood right now."

I prepared the two animals and hung them upside down on a wooden pole.

"Wait a minute, let me do this first and talk later."

I got out of the cabin with a wooden pole, stood it up, and placed a wooden basket for the blood under it. I had to check it from time to time because I had to skin it immediately after the blood drained.

I entered the cabin, rubbing my shoulder with a tired face.

"Look, she's working so hard to skin the prey because no one else knows how to do it. She has a great sense of responsibility."

Hearing Ruzef's words, Arthdal then sat cross-legged, rested his chin, and stared at me.

"Well, that's true. She seems to be a hard worker, unlike what I thought."

Arthdal agreed as if he had been brainwashed by Ruzef.

'Yeah, it's not something that happens once or twice.'

Enoch, Kayden, and Ruzef, too, were all suspicious and wary of me at first. It can't be helped though.

"Please try to compliment her with more sincerity."

Ruzef looked at me and scolded Arthdal. No, Archbishop, I don't need any compliments from Arthdal. Of course, Ruzef's words backfired.

It was because Arthdal looked at him and me alternately with a face full of displeasure.

"No wait, I am aware of the need for Lady's help. But now the Archbishop is saying that I have to please Lady Margaret?"

"Shouldn't we at least do that? Lady Margaret is our hope."

"Wait a minute, that's weird. Why am I your hope? Put those words aside. Don't use such strange words for me."

I answered, sitting in front of Enoch, examining his condition. But Ruzef was more determined than expected.